A great tool for collaboration.
September 06, 2021

A great tool for collaboration.

Miro is being used by teams across our organization in a number of ways. The main reason we sought out a platform such as Miro was its flexibility and the collaboration tools it offers. We work in a visual business and having a visual-based collaboration tool where everyone can participate and contribute has been great. Introduced to our organization during work from home, Miro allowed the type of collaboration that would occur in-person to happen remotely and offers many advantages to traditional analog collaboration practices.
  • Numerous concurrent participants.
  • Large selection of tools.
  • Presentation mode.
  • Ability to change default settings (not crucial, ex. having elements that are created automatically lock so they aren't moved by users).
  • Miro has provided a platform for remote work that we would otherwise have had to go without.
  • No statistics but it has saved time. I don't know how we would have collaborated in the same way without it while working remotely.
I haven't invested a lot of time into the account setup and managing boards, etc, but I have had some issues with functionality with board ownership and managing them that were not as intuitive as I think they could be. There may be resources available that explain this simply and clearly, but I haven't checked.
Simple and intuitive to use on a basic level. Again, the only issues I have had are managing boards and/or users that have/don't have accounts, etc.
It allows us to expand traditional whiteboard collaboration to be more inclusive. We are no longer limited to people in the room or the number of pens available. You can have as many people as needed participate, bringing the best ideas forward and giving us the ability to give everyone a voice.

Not sure

• MURAL (formerly Mural.ly)
Others in our organization have used this platform, but I have not.
Collaborative activities with large groups, brainstorming, and records. Although the tools mimic real-world activities, sometimes the process of doing things in real life aids in the objective, and even doing the same thing on a computer-based platform can't replicate the results. It's not a limitation of Miro, it's just the way people think when they do things off the computer.