Overall Satisfaction with Miro
Miro is a popular tool currently being used across a lot of the business units in my organization. It is an especially useful tool for planning and mapping within the department I work in.
- Great visual tool for web mapping.
- Collaborative work- a great tool for using virtually in a big meeting when brainstorming.
- Love all of the templates available, and I've used several to incorporate into slide decks or to illustrate bigger points I want to make in team settings & for my own reference at a later date.
- Copy and paste of ideas, imagery, links, etc - really helps with planning future projects and ideas.
- Only one - I desperately wanted to find some sort of checklist template - in the end, I created my own which was a bit of a long process but still worked.
- I'm afraid I have no stats on this other than it's been a welcome tool and received praise from all I've spoken to about it.
Extremely straightforward and easy to use, although it does take some getting used to the arrows at first! On a recent call, most hadn't used Miro, but within 5 minutes of just experimenting on the board, most had the hang of it and we're adding post its, thoughts, and arrows to the board in question.
No issue with using it, I found it easy to implement, and as I've said, just getting used to how to add and move arrows.
Yes, in a positive way. We've used Miro in the last few planning sessions for next year and it allowed people from different site locations and home workers in different countries to work collaboratively on the planning boards set up easily. It is also a tool that we will continue to use to update projects and progress into the new year.
Do you think Miro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Miro's feature set?
Did Miro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Miro go as expected?
Would you buy Miro again?
Especially useful in a large group setting to brainstorm ideas, add sticky notes for questions or actions and assign stakeholders. I find it the most useful in mapping out web customer journeys and deciding the flow of content/pages, it's then been really helpful when explaining ideas and the customer flow to others, and they can also edit and add their own thoughts. The notification of changes is extremely useful too.