A beautifully designed collaboration tool
November 09, 2022

A beautifully designed collaboration tool

The whiteboarding tool has been incredibly useful for me to create a client map. I'm able to make different client profiles with photos, descriptors, and notes about each person and visually showcase it in a way that helps my internal stakeholders understand where all of these clients fit into the client organization and how we should map our relationships to each of them.

Pros

• Visualization.
  • Org charts.
  • Design.

Cons

• Updating text on the Miro board can be a bit of a chore. It's not as easy as a google sheet for example.
  • I feel like I'm always too zoomed out. My font sized are always starting in the 1k range.
  • Collaborative retrospectives and workshops increased participation.
  • A "WIP" approach to presentations make clients feel like they're a part of our process vs. using slides.
  • Visually very easy to digest information and understand a holistic look at an account.
It's made life a lot simpler by being able to work remotely, find commonalities with colleagues on certain topics, and work towards one common goal.

Not sure

I'm not as familiar with Figma but it seems designers have an easier time creating in Figma vs. Miro.
Well suited: Client mapping, workshops, retrospectives, tissue sessions.

Less appropriate: Status meetings.

Comments