Overall Satisfaction with MODX
MODX is currently being used as the main CMS for our university website. It is managed solely by the office of information technology, specifically the marketing and database teams. For our university it delivers a reliable content management platform that allows the university to customize each webpage for various purposes.
- Ease of use - the MODX platform is very easy to use for someone who may have limited experience in content management.
- Content blocks - the content blocks within MODX add to the usability and customization of the website being managed.
- Content Blocks - I mentioned this as a strength, but it also has its quirks. There are times that things do not function properly within the content blocks we have set up.
- More Customization - The ability for the average user to customize more without having to know a ton of code.
- The positive impact that MODX has had on our organization is that it has allowed us to generate more organic traffic to our site.
- We are also able to push more paid advertisements to our site on our lead generation landing pages.
The other company that we looked into was WordPress and all of the features that it offered our organization. What MODX offered to us from development to everyday use just made more sense for our organization as a whole. WordPress is still a great CMS platform, just not exactly what we were looking for.
The biggest scenario in which MODX is well suited is for a company who wants to have a top-notch site that is hosted on a CMS that allows a user-friendly experience for both the back-end and front-end users. It would not be suited for an organization does not have anyone in-house that can code who wants to have a lot of control over future designs.