Overall Satisfaction with MS SharePoint
MS SharePoint is being used to host our intranet on which all staff have access to. This contains the latest company news amongst a host of resources to be used by front line staff.
It is also being used by corporate departments to support with running projects - using SharePoint(SP) to store project documents (using features such as permissions, version control).
- Easy out of the box functionality - SP is quite easy to use as an end user of the product but also to teach those who need to learn the basics of uploading and updating documents stored in the libraries.
- Document management - Can store endless amounts of documents and can request that various meta-data is stored along with the document.
- Can be used as an intranet site for your company - Pages can look professional and it is easy to edit and control what users see.
- I have had trouble with MS Project documents stored on SP - For some reason they often open in 'read only' mode (for no reason I can seem to explain).
- For SP2013 it appears there are less reporting (on where users go etc) features than previously.
- Employee efficiency - Quick to assemble a project site for a team to use when starting a new project. Easy to navigate documents.