Overall Satisfaction with MySQL
It is being used by 90% of products that my organization has developed. All the products that are in the development phase or in production are using MySQL. The project that I'm working on is an IoT-based ERP system and we are using MySQL to store the machine data coming from the production site.
- It is easy to understand.
- It works well with most of the popular programming languages.
- It is better and cheaper than other relational database services available in market.
- I would love to see some updates in the UI part of it.
- They should work on their documentation. Make it more readable by changing fonts.
- ROI is high, as it is a cheaper and better solution.
- As it is easy to understand and implement, it saves us a lot of time in training new developers.
Do you think MySQL delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with MySQL's feature set?
Did MySQL live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of MySQL go as expected?
Would you buy MySQL again?
It is a great product. It can be used with many types of web applications. However, it is not suitable for data analytics. We are using it with an IoT-based ERP system. In case if you decide to move to cloud, oracle provides full support to use MySQL as a cloud database service.