Updated December 01, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Namely
We currently use Namely for a variety of things.
- Finance department uses it for payroll processing, analysis on payroll costs, reports for month end close, etc.
- HR department uses it for our sole HRIS platform, recruiting employees, onboarding employees, employee benefits, etc.
- International team uses it to have sights on their employees and their roles in the company, overall company organizational chart
- Admin team uses it to track reviews, employees favorite foods, shirt sizes, favorite sports teams, etc.
- Our employees use it to see the org chart, view their paystubs, review their information for year end, request tax updates or name changes.
- Updates & Improvements - Namely is always implementing updates and new features for the users. This is very important in payroll as things changes constantly.
- Time Keeping Integration - the integration with the time keeping piece is inconsistent. When we enter employee info into HRIS, it should feed to payroll and time keeping. It often won't make it to the time keeping portal correctly. There are also a number of places that need to be set up in multiple places (manager, hours benefits, etc)
- Reporting - Reports are lacking. When asking for a simple, standard report that most other companies have, Namely does not have it. I have to compile a lot of my information manually by piecing their reports.
- Namely has saved us time on employee onboarding and questions coming from employees. Employees can electronically change their tax WH and information without needing paper forms.
It went smoothly, but there were many requests I had on reporting, tracking, etc that were never put into place. I would have set these things up myself but we were also never told how to do it. They ran a parallel payroll test, or said they did, but when I audited our first payroll, there was a lot wrong with it (taxes, deductions, etc) that required a ton of manual adjustments on the next payroll.
We have benefited in that we have one place where we can all see the employee and payroll data (Finance, Admin, HR).
Do you think Namely delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Namely's feature set?
Did Namely live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Namely go as expected?
Would you buy Namely again?
Namely is not well suited for companies who like good reporting and easy time keeping. Larger companies would do well to find another provider with better customer support too. Currently there is not a number I can call when I have an urgent issue. Their current process is to submit a "case" and then we wait to hear back. It is hard to get a quick resolution on anything.