NetBase And Social Listening
February 19, 2016
NetBase And Social Listening
Digital Marketing Analyst
PublicisMarketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with NetBase
Currently, NetBase is used to provide analytics for individual clients across the social-space. While NetBase is accessible to various users within our organization, usage is determined by individual client needs. We are able to gain valuable insights into how our clients do in the social space against various topics, and we can gauge this against our competitors.
- Great for in-depth analysis of the Twitter-space, especially as it comes to text analysis.
- The Firehose scale provides mountains of valuable data that can be manipulated and/or exported for further analysis.
- Comparing the share-of-voice various brands have compared to each other, especially as it relates to online social presence.
- The Decahose sampling is far from pointless, but it isn't as effective if the user's objective is to gather specific data. The obvious workaround is to use the Firehose feed.
- I would like to see a more intricate listing of sources when analyzing topics.
- This may not be possible due to restraints with Twitter Data, but when analyzing specific hashtags, it would be absolutely invaluable if we could segment mentions based on Twitter clicks (where users click the hashtag) versus Twitter search (when a hashtag/topic is searched, NOT clicked on).
3 - I can't be certain on the exact number of people in our organization that use NetBase, but I do know that the social-finding gathered through NetBase play an impactful role in shaping business strategy, especially towards the social sphere. It is also a great way to compare social views on one's own brand and against competitors.
These two product offerings are similar and both are advantageous to use. Unfortunately, I have limited experience using Adobe Social so I can't attest to the full functionality of this platform. That being said, I prefer the design and layout to NetBase, but I would like the ability to do more advanced searches and analysis. Furthermore, I think tutorial options should be more readily integrated into the user-interface, in addition to there being a separate Help section. That being said, I know NetBase reps are usually on there A-game for providing training and resources, which is great!
- I do not work in budgeting for our group, so it is hard to determine exact ROI.
NetBase is particularly well-suited for scenarios in which users need to analyze specific social topics, hashtags, or compare conversations around specific brands. This is especially great for accurately seeing what people are saying about your brand and for laying the foundation towards developing social strategy. I'd say it is less appropriate for measuring any offline sales impact, unless the value of social equity is well-understood for a user's brand.