Increased efficiency over Oracle
Overall Satisfaction with NetSuite
Soligent uses NetSuite as our primary ERP system for three subsidiaries.
- NetSuite is very user friendly and easy for new employees to quickly get up to speed.
- Access on the cloud allows for faster user interface at remote locations. It also makes for easier access for employees on the road or working from home.
- Reports are easy to run and export to Excel cleanly and easily.
- It is easy to attach electronic supporting documents in NetSuite, e.g. journal entry support to journal entries, customer PO's to sales orders, vendor invoices to AP vouchers.
- Access permissions are too broad. In order to grant an employee functionality to do one task, they may be granted access to do other tasks that they don't do, or shouldn't.
- Some automatic processes in more sophisticated ERP systems, such as voided checks and purchase price variance, require journal entry posting in NetSuite.
- Demand planning and warehouse operations could be improved.
- More efficient order processing from beginning to end compared to our prior ERP system, Oracle
- More efficient monthly close compared to Oracle
- Better system up time and less errors compared to Oracle.
We selected NetSuite to replace Oracle. The number of people required to support Oracle both from and IT and user perspective were taxing company resources. Oracle system downtime at critical times of the month was also a problem, especially at month end being part of a multi-national public company that had tight close deadlines. NetSuite is more reliable and user friendly compared to Oracle and requires less IT resources (both people and hardware) and less users to operate efficiently.
It may not be well suited for companies that will generate a high volume of transactions over time, this tends to slow the system down. NetSuite also struggles with out of the ordinary type practices, such as consigned inventory. Assess any unique needs to your business and find out if NetSuite has a solution to address those needs during the selection process.