Overall Satisfaction with Nimble Storage
We have two Nimble storage arrays. One array is located in our HQ and the other at an offsite data center. These devices work together in perfect harmony. They are connected via an MPLS network and are constantly syncing our volumes. We have Hyper-V hosts at both locations and the Nimble serves as NAS for these hosts.
- Snapshot scheduling is very easy to do.
- Cloning volumes to create new VM's very easy.
- Adding additional storage very simple. Plug and play.
- Firmware updates could be improved, possibly automated.
- Cost is a bit high per GB compared to alternatives.
- Data restoration process could be improved. Right now we have to clone volume and attach to server. A webpage data explorer would be nice.
- Revolutionary technology, easy to use and integrate with our servers. Our first real NAS and one of the best in the business.
- Support for Nimble products rocks! We have called in a middle of the night and support is on the phone right away!
- Performance of Nimble is amazing.
We use a DROBO NAS for some applications but Nimble is far better performing.