Overall Satisfaction with OneNote
I use OneNote on my Surface Tablet Pro - mainly as the Windows version of Evernote (even though yes, you can use Evernote on Windows as well). I find it an easy way to keep track of all my notes, and I love the built in organizational system of OneNote as well. Lots of times I have hundreds of documents, and I want to be able to easily access them and switch from one to the next without having to go into my documents, open other folders, etc. It's nice to know that all of my important notes can literally be accessed with the touch of a button (by touching the top of surface pen).
- Ability to write notes with your pen as well as type notes - love being able to switch between those options!
- The ease of access with opening.
- The organization built into OneNote - the tabs and folders.
- Formatting issues - the space to write originally does not go across the entirety of the screen.
- More color coding options - yes I know this is the lamest 'con' ever haha but I use color coding for all my organization and would love more colors!
- Emoji integration would be incredible.
- Positive impact of file sharing.
- Positive impact of file and note collaboration.
When I'm on my Mac I use Evernote - but when I'm on my Surface Pro I use OneNote. I feel that for my specific needs, the two programs complete the same two jobs. However, I like the visual format of Evernote a bit better than OneNote. Evernote I use more for creative notes, and OneNote more for professional notes and the ability to write notes with a pen.
It would be incredible for teams who all use OneNote - because the integration of being able to share and collaborate on notes can be very useful. However, since most people seem to be Mac users - then it's definitely hard to collaborate if only half can use all of the features of OneNote.