Overall Satisfaction with Optimizely
Optimizely is primarily used by our testing team though a few colleagues outside the team have access as well. We use Optimizely as our sole A/B testing, personalization and conversion rate optimization tool. We have used it to improve our registration flows, landing pages and to make our content more engaging.
- The interface is extremely easy to use. If you are a novice, the WYSIWYG allows you to easily make simple changes to your site. If you are comfortable doing so there is also the code editor which is powerful enough for you to make dramatic changes to your site.
- Optimizely's support is top notch. This was the primary reason we switched from our previous testing provider. They have extensive knowledge in scripting and are always quick to respond with useful information.
- Optimizely has created a community of A/B testers and optimizers that allows us to share ideas with other groups.
- Optimizely doesn't seem as buttoned up on the sales side as they are on the product and support side. Granted those other groups set a very high bar.
- Optimizely doesn't have a useful engagement metric out of the box. You have to integrate your analytics platform with it which for us was a challenge.
- We were grandfathered in from a Platinum plan which Optimizely no longer uses; they now have Enterprise and Starter I believe. We assumed since we had the Platinum plan that we were converted to the Enterprise plan but when we tried to access certain features we realized that wasn't the case.
- We have dramatically increased our registration conversion rates.
- We have improved engagement on our highest traffic content type.
- We have targeted specific promos to users in specific regions.
We used Adobe's Test & Target prior to using Optimizely and our frustration with Adobe Test & Target is what directly lead to us seeking out alternatives and discovering Optimizely. Both in terms of technical support and the platform's ease of use, Optimizely was head and shoulders above Adobe Test & Target. Even when we were on the lowest level Optimizely platform and were just getting our feet wet, Optimizely's technical support was far superior to what we had with Adobe Test & Target.
If you plan to conduct A/B testing on your site or app, I haven't seen anything that's better than Optimizely.