Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
We are using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for running the dev, staging, and production environment of multiple services. We use VM, Kubernetes service, and database services for running the majority of the application. The benefits we have seen are highly available, scalable, and robust infrastructure at a low cost as compared to other providers in the market. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides direct support of Terraform which helps our infra team to create and scale infrastructure quickly.
- Database services are best in class
- Services are highly available and scalable
- Datacentres are available in almost all the regions
- It's good for running the microservices application in Kubernetes
- Limited OS images for Virtual Machines
- Depends on third party services for CI-CD automation
- User Interface is very out-dated
- Currently, the community is very small so some troubleshooting takes more time
- They have more than 50 regions that help us in scaling the application
- Cost of hosting the Dev, Staging, and Prod reduced by 30-35%
Their support is generally good. I would like to see 24/7 on-call support for all the regions in the future.
Do you think Oracle Cloud Infrastructure delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure's feature set?
Did Oracle Cloud Infrastructure live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure go as expected?
Would you buy Oracle Cloud Infrastructure again?
I would recommend Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for running the application that requires minimum cloud-based services. The services are highly available and scalable at minimum cost. Oracle has high-quality services but I feel they are still growing in the market and not all the services are available in their services catalog which is required for running the large application.