October 08, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Database 12c
Oracle is a great battle tested software that is used in our engineering department to enable the team to add, modify, update, and manipulate existing and new data that is gotten from clients. It is simple to manipulate and integrate to applications, and the best part is that it allows multiple connections
- Oracle database is battle tested and has been in the industry for a long time, meaning they have a good understanding of the markets demands.
- Oracle database is secure and ensures that user data is not tampered with through prompt updates.
- Peer to peer communities are available to help solve almost all problems that one may be facing.
- Oracle database documentation is so wide that it may be discouraging to people who don't like reading.
- Oracle database is quite expensive and not ideal for companies that are starting up.
- The database takes up a lot of space.
- Oracle has had a positive ROI as it made the return on Investment within the first two years of deployment.
- With our clients aware that we are using Oracle, they have more confidence with us and are willing to engage in larger partnerships.
With Oracle Database 12c, one is assured of high availability and high speeds on concurrent access from different users. The security is also very high with constant updates and peer to peer communities that help users with problems faced by other users which they may be facing when they are using the software.
Oracle database is a great software and is ideal for large organizations that have a lot of data to store. The software ensures security, for example in the banking industry where it is critical to ensure that data does not fall into the wrong hands. However, it is not viable to use Oracle Database in small projects.