Overall Satisfaction with Oracle GoldenGate
We use Oracle GoldenGate to achieve high availability, perform upgrades, and for patching and data center drills.
We use Golden Gate in active active configuration.
It meets our SLA requirement of 99999.
- Oracle GoldenGate provides the best HA solution. It gives us 99.999% availability in a year.
- GoldenGate is very easy to install, set up and troubleshoot. The commands are fairly simple.
- GoldenGate is a very lightweight tool. It performs auto CDR in active setups.
- Tuning Golden Gate is fairly very simple.
- Golden Gate is very fast in catching up the lag.
- Where there are open transactions GoldenGate needs to auto-detect them.
- GoldenGate should have dba views like Oracle Database.
- Patching or upgrading GoldenGate is a bit complicated.
- When extract or pump trail file sequence number is about to reach the max limit, we should get a warning or critical threshold alert.
- When Integrated replicat is altered, it converts to classic replicat. We don't get any message that the replicat is running in classic mode. There should be some sort of alerting in the ggserrlog file.
- GoldenGate has saved us from penalties by providing 99.999% uptime.
- DR drills are very fast due to active architecture using GoldenGate.
- We need to pay for additionals licenses for GoldenGate but for Data Guard we don't have to pay for and additional license.
Using Oracle GoldenGate
Users and Roles
Support Headcount Required
Business Processes Supported
- High Availability
- Migrations and Upgrades without downtime
- Achieve Active Active requirement
- We use Hub and Spoke model of Golden Gate
- We use Active active feature of golden Gate
- We used Golden Gate for Sybase to Oracle Migration.
Future Planned Uses
- Use Golden Gate micro services for easy management.
Likelihood to Renew
Evaluating Oracle GoldenGate and Competitors
- Product Features
- Prior Experience with the Product
Golden Gate is a very solid product with very less bugs. It's very user friendly and can be used in various Heteregenous environment.
The commands are very simple and very easy to troubleshoot.
Evaluation Lessons Learned
Oracle GoldenGate Implementation
Implementation Details / Implementation Partner
- Implemented in-house
- while impleming parallel classic replicat there was a manual error in specifying the range and that let to data out of sync.
- data looping
- out of sync data
Oracle GoldenGate Support
Oracle GoldenGate Customer Support Pros and Cons
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Exceptional Examples of Oracle GoldenGate Support
Using Oracle GoldenGate
Usability Pros and Cons
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Golden Gate install and setup
- troubleshooting and checking status of the processes
- logdump utility.
- golden Gate doesn't have compare and repair functionality and so if we have to sync two databases then it takes quite some time and effort to do it.
- Setting up bidirectional replication.
- Active Active setup.