First class lowcode experiencehttps://www.trustradius.com/low-code-developmentOutSystemsUnspecified8.41701012019-10-04T02:08:27.792Z
October 03, 2019
First class lowcode experience
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with OutSystems
We currently have one development team working with OutSystems for various internal and external facing products and we have hired an external team from DoItLean to develop a few of our products as well. All of them centered around payment processing for orthodontists and vets.
- Developing end user interfaces with ease and speed with a modern look and feel.
- First class low code development to reduce time to market with visual programming
- Their technical support team is fast and responsive. We've yet to have any issues they could not resolve.
- Currently there are few identity providers supported natively and out of the box however through the use of "Forge" plugins there are ways around this limitation.
- The testing frameworks used by Outsystems are not fully backed by Outsystems. If they are going to champion this they should consider giving it full backing as they do with other community driven projects.
- Documentation on how to implement CI/CD is rather sparse without requesting it directly from a customer service rep.
- We are cutting development time of our products down to less than half when compared to traditional "procode" development.
- Our developers have been more exposed to higher level architectural principles encouraging professional growth.
- Being able to iterate quickly on features gives us the ability to get to more of the nice to have functionality we'd otherwise never have time for.
When we had an environment go down and requested support from OutSystems they were quick to respond and continued to work long hours (well past normal service hours) to get the issue resolved. They took their time in collecting information and diagnosing the problem and approached fixing it in a controlled manner.
Do you think OutSystems delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with OutSystems's feature set?
Did OutSystems live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of OutSystems go as expected?
Would you buy OutSystems again?
OutSystems excels with building web interfaces fast and lends itself to custom integrations written in .Net. Most anything can be brought in given this ability to be extended. One of the drawbacks to the speed of development is that most quality control teams become quickly overwhelmed and may be unable to keep up.