Overall Satisfaction with Paycor
We use Paycor for Human Resources, Payroll and Time/Attendance. The Employee Self Service feature has reduced our workload somewhat and that is a great benefit.
- Paycor excels at customer service. Whenever I have had a problem, our assigned specialist, or another specialist if ours is busy, has dedicated time and attention to help me resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I have never sensed any impatience on their part or felt rushed if I was asking multiple questions.
- Paycor's employees are knowledgeable not only about their product but about payroll rules and laws as well. It is so nice to work with employees who are aware of all facets of their job.
- I very much like the ability to view employees' payroll history for any given time period quickly and easily, just by entering the appropriate start and end dates.
- I would like to see a complete manual for the payroll system. Sometimes I have a question after hours and can't always find the answer myself. It's frustrating to have to send an e-mail and wait until the next day for an answer.
- There are a number of redundant functionalities, such as the taxation period for payroll, which is found both in the "Process Payroll" function and in the employee panel. The setting in the employee panel overrides the setting for the payroll and since I didn't know there were two, this has caused a problem once or twice with someone being taxed on an incorrect frequency.
- While we have improved functionality and accuracy by moving to Paycor, we have also reduced costs which is a definite positive impact on business objectives.
We moved to Paycor from a competitor because of accuracy issues with that competitor. We are very satisfied with the change.
Paycor is well suited for a company that needs a flexible system on an economical basis.
Paycor Feature Ratings
Evaluating Paycor and Competitors
Yes - We replaced a competitor's product with Paycor as there were accuracy and customer service issues.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Third-party Reviews
Our evaluation and selection process was well thought out. We evaluated several sources for different levels of HR/Payroll services, reduced to the top 1 of each category and then, with additional presentations from the frontrunners, made our selection based on a combination of functionality and cost.
Make sure Paycor realizes the importance of having your GL set up and to you in a timely fashion. Ours was so delayed, I had to approach our salesperson from Paycor and get him to push the issue up several management levels.
- Vendor implemented
- Implemented in-house
Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled
- Getting our employees to read the e-mails describing what they needed to do during the changeover.
- Getting the GL set up and prepared was difficult, it appeared that Paycor had overextended themselves with new business at that point in time, and our GL was very late being completed, to the point where we had to do some accruing instead of using actual figures. This was the worst and most frustrating point in the implementation process.