Paycor is Great for Smaller Businesses: They Treat You With Care and Attention (Unlike Some Other Payroll Companies)
Overall Satisfaction with Paycor
I use Paycor to handle my payroll processing, as well as keeping me current with federal and state taxes, unemployment and reporting. Running a non-profit is a challenging task to begin with, as I must wear many hats and multi-task all day every day. Accounting is NOT my strong suit, so I like being able to let Paycor handle all of the financial details for me.
- Send daily reminders when I get close to payroll time in case I overlooked it.
- Clearly outline the amount needed to cover the paychecks, taxes and fees.
- When I reach out to Customer Service with a question, they are very prompt to respond.
- They send me quarterly tax filing reports so I have good records on file.
- They check in on me from time to time to make sure I'm satisfied; the previous vendor never did this.
- Some of the advanced features of their portal are a bit too complex for a non-financial person like me. I'm sure the CPAs love them, but they can be over my head.
- They don't have a local presence in my area. Sometimes it would be nice to put a face to the service, but it hasn't really been a problem for me.
- Not a lot of one-on-one communication between the person overseeing my account. I would have liked to at least meet the person by phone, even though I'm a very small customer to them.
Do you think Paycor delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Paycor's feature set?
Did Paycor live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Paycor go as expected?
Would you buy Paycor again?
- They handle all of the numbers and tax forms, things that I HATE doing!
- I can run my payroll in less than 5 minutes because their portal puts all of the information at my fingertips.
- I like relying on their professionals to deal with different tax and unemployment offices in different states. They know their stuff.
- Paycor is not the cheapest service out there, but they deliver Cadillac service and performance on a Volkswagen budget.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month. - I don't have to file anything with the State or IRS, they do it all for me. I don't like dealing with those entities, so it makes my life much easier. Also, I don't have to calculate anything; they do all of it and I just review and approve the final amounts.
The Paycor portal is a very clean website, easy to get into and do a wide array of tasks. It's easy for a non-financial person like me to "get" what I need to do, and just do it. It has some very robust features for the CPAs and financial professionals, but I don't have to deal with those if it's over my head; their customer support people will tell me what I need to do.
When I started this business 4 years ago, I immediately defaulted to Paychex since I used them for over 20 years at my last company. It took a lot of effort to even get them to return my calls and emails. Then, when they reluctantly took my business on, they assigned me to a rep in Indianapolis - even though I'm in Nashville, Tennessee! That office wouldn't return my calls or emails for up to 2 weeks at a time. So I did some online research and discovered Paycor, and I'm very glad that I did. I have been very satisfied with the customer service I've received, and I've been very impressed with the respect and patience they have shown to me, even though I'm a very small business.
Being a small business, we can often get lost in the shuffle. At my last company that I ran for 21 years, we used a different vendor that had a local office. I actually got to meet my rep, and they took care of us very well, but that was a much larger company. I tried using them when I started this (much smaller) company, and even though I'm in Nashville Tennessee, they assigned me to a rep in Indianapolis. That person wouldn't respond to my calls or emails, because apparently, they had far too many customers to care about a tiny guy like me. When I switched to Paycor, it was like day and night. They treated me very well and respected my wishes and needs. I haven't had a problem in 3 years using Paycor, and they just "work." Everything just happens like clockwork, and that is very refreshing when you're a stressed-out small business operator like me.