Paylocity has Potential
September 27, 2022

Paylocity has Potential

Overall Satisfaction with Paylocity

My organization is a new user to Paylocity. We use Paylocity for Payroll, Recruiting and Benefits. Prior to Paylocity, we had multiple systems that were used, but we enjoy being able to use one system that can support all of these functions. We are still in the early stages of learning how to use the system and it hasn't always been the easiest. We look forward to using Paylocity to its full potential.

Pros

• Created a platform where we can communicate with the entire organization
  • Self Service Portal for employees to access their paystubs, timesheet, and PTO information
  • Provides learning resources that can be useful and assigned to others within the organization

Cons

• Housing multiple documents that can be viewed by employees on the Benefits Enhanced
  • Create reports for Self Billing Purposes. Its time consuming to customize and manipulate reports to your liking
  • Allow employees to enroll for benefits from their mobile device
  • not able to answer at this time
I believe the time tracking tool has been great. Because I specialize in Benefits, I am excited to learn how to use the FMLA and LOA time tracking tools. We currently keep up with these hours manually and on a self made excel tracker. I hope you utilize these features in the near future.
The community and peer recognition tools have been our largest impacts (in my opinion). However, we use another community tool that was promoted during the same time we started using Paylocity. Once we learn how to use the surveys and videos, I think it will make a significant impact on employee engagement.

Do you think Paylocity delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Paylocity's feature set?

Did Paylocity live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Paylocity go as expected?

Would you buy Paylocity again?

Paylocity has a lot of potential. When we have questions, I don't believe we always get the support we need in a timely manner or the response we were hoping for. We do a lot of poking and hoping. Clients are always redirected to speak with their Benefits Account Manager, but the account manager doesn't always have all the answers or it just takes a while to get those answers back. The Paylocity team is always nice; we just hesitate to ask them any questions. We always debate between, should we just manually figure it out ourselves or should we ask a specialist who can advise on how to have this task completed sooner?! Maybe we were just spoiled in the past with the other companies/vendors we worked with.

Paylocity Feature Ratings

Employee demographic data
Employment history
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Pay calculation
Support for external payroll vendors
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management
Approval workflow
Balance details
Annual carry-forward and encashment
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View job history
View company policy documentation
Employee recognition
Tracking of all physical assets
Report builder
Pre-built reports
Ability to combine HR data with external data
Performance plans