New Era with Procore
August 05, 2016
New Era with Procore
Manager, MEP, Design Build & Project Managment
Schneider ElectricConstruction, 10,001+ employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Procore
As a construction, design build and project management company, Schneider Electric has implemented the use of Procore for all construction projects. This has been a great way to keep the subcontractors up to date as well as the entire construction project team. We as a new user are still experimenting with some of the modules that Procore has to offer. The Budget Module and Submittal module have been the most beneficial to our team. Since implementing Procore 1 year ago, our subcontractors and fellow teams within Schneider Electric have had nothing but great things to say about the program. The Procore team has been nothing but extremely helpful when a team member needs some help understanding a specific module or just needs training. We, Schneider Electric have been promoting the program to many of our colleagues in the industry.
- Budget Module- Best way to track every thing on a project. This is great for the project who has a tight budget.
- Email communication - the program has an easy email communication process that assigns a specific email chain to each project.
- Submittal Module - Good process that allows the project manager to assign approvers and track the status of the process. Emails are sent when there are issues that need to be addressed in the package.
- Would like to see an instant messenger availability. This would allow all team members to talk while online with Procore to interact. Some team members may be miles away from the project and this could speed up the processes.
- Sorting in certain modules, needs to have filtering buttons added. I know that this is in process, but it is very much needed when you have a lot of information on the screen.
- This is still in the evaluation process, but the man hours that are used to run this program are way down compared to the hours used in a SharePoint environment.
Onsite construction services with the use of an IPAD or your phone is great. No internet services makes it an issue when you are in a remote area with no Wi-Fi or cell service. Some government projects will not allow you to have a Wi-Fi connection, thus making Procore non functional.