Overall Satisfaction with PRWeb
I use PRWeb to publicly distribute our news releases. It's mainly used by the marketing department but is used for all major company news and announcements. PRWeb helps us get the word out about any news we have and up the chances of it getting picked up by a news organization.
- PRWeb is good for publicly distributing your news announcement.
- PRWeb can also help you write or edit your press release if you need help or aren't able to do it on your own.
- You can target certain geographical areas or business sectors for your news to be distributed to.
- I wish you didn't have to pay for every extra thing. Sometimes it comes off like the people with the most money will be the ones that get their news seen.
- It would be nice to geo-target globally. Right now, PRWeb only lets you select certain major MSAs in the US.
- PRWeb helps us get our news out. That's all positive! We've had many reporters pick up our news releases without us having to personally reach out to them on our own.
I think you have to do what's best for your business needs. I know there are free news distributors but I'm not sure how good they are. There are also ones that are most expensive than PRWeb. If you primarily do business in the US then give PRWeb a try but if you have a lot of business globally I would suggest looking for one that can help target specific countries or regions.
If you need to get your news out to the public then PRWeb is a great option. They have a few different packages to choose from for individual news releases but if you plan to distribute a lot of releases in any given year they can offer customized packages with discount pricing. If you're a very global business I would perhaps see if there are news distributors that are more focused on reaching audiences in other countries.