June 14, 2019
PwCAccounting, 10,001+ employees
Score 9 out of 10
Qlik Sense Enterprise
Overall Satisfaction with Qlik Sense
Qlik Sense is used by our organization at an enterprise level. We are driving digital literacy throughout the organization and want to automate most of the processes. For example, when it comes to creating reports, we used to use Excel and would spend lots of time on it and similar products every month. To overcome this, we are using tools like Qlik Sense to automate the process of creating reports. We are also using Qlik Sense features like in-memory capability, associative data modeling, and others to create new dashboards and reports.
- Associative data modeling - Data modeling is easy and has a lot of transformation capabilities. It's not traditional data modeling which is very helpful in traversing data across all the tables in the data model.
- In-memory engine - The data is already loaded in RAM, so it's fast.
- Strong developer tools for creating extensions and mashups.
- Fast analytics - Creating charts and dashboards is easy and fast.
- Strong self-service capabilities.
- Strong and active developer and administrator community. Lots of online help available.
- Out-of-the-box visualizations are of limited functionality like changing fonts, colors, applying themes.
- Sharing apps across developers is painful, everything needs to be controlled via QMC.
- Cost of license is a bit higher.
- AI capabilities - this has just been introduced, so it might improve in upcoming versions.
Qlik Sense has strong data modeling capabilities and it's patented associative engine gives a good advantage over the other market leaders. Qlik Sense can handle large amounts of data and can be easily adaptable compared to others. Self-service BI is another aspect which we love on Qlik Sense and it gives the flexibility to end users to conduct their own research on data and share it across their respective teams.
Qlik Sense Feature Ratings
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
Themeable User Interface (UI)
Customizable Platform (Open Source)