Quick Base!! Fast, Scalable, and Easy!
December 11, 2017
Quick Base!! Fast, Scalable, and Easy!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Quick Base
We introduced Quick Base (QB) in 2013 because we needed a centralized place to manage claims, customer surveys, analytics requests, and EPIC support requests. We weren’t integrating companies then and that wasn’t original interest in the product. We primarily purchased QB because it was a more cost-effective solution for customer surveys and additionally allowed us to centralize requests in the other two areas that were being done by email. In 2014, QB was very helpful in helping us with our first integration with a newly purchased company. It allowed us to share documents with those outside the company prior to the integration. But even at that point, we were using it in a very limited capacity as project management software.
- Quick Base allows the users to build very low-cost applications for business processes where it would have been cost prohibitive to build in a traditional software development model.
- Our organization out grew our prior solutions for managing tasks, processes, and projects. Quick Base handles a slew of scenarios it empowered business users to build their own applications in a matter of minutes.
- Quick Base is working on its mobile platform and this is an important area for improvement.
- We would like to see an easier way to do many to many relationships, which Quick Base is working on.
We have seen the benefit of deploying applications faster and maintaining them much quicker. Since introducing Quick Base in 2013 we have 77 applications in production. Our training department now uses Quick Base to keep track of rosters, schedule classes, and track grades. To get more efficient in managing its technology projects, our Claims Technology team implemented a project management system built on the Quick Base platform. Because Quick Base is a scalable cloud solution, team members always know they're working with the most up-to-date information. And because Quick Base is a no-code solution, the team can quickly spin up and customize the app to accommodate new project requests or make on-the-fly changes to the system. We have seen a 24% increase in completed projects from 2015 to 2016 using Quick Base for tracking projects from inception to deployment and support.
- MS SharePoint and MATsSoft
Quick Base does more than SharePoint can do and does not have as much of a learning curve as MATsSoft does. For our organization, Quick Base is simply more user-friendly. Business professionals can use Quick Base without any coding knowledge. By not relying on IT professionals, Quick Base app deployment is much quicker.
The level of technical know-how required to build a Quick Base app is very minimal. There is no help needed from IT personnel, and the time required to build an application can be days instead of weeks or months. I've seen business professionals with no coding experience build a simple Quick Base application within a day.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
I needed to update a Quick Base Application to work for another state. Quick Base is very scaleable. I was able to make the updates in the application within 15 minutes.
Quick Base is wonderful for managing tasks, processes, and projects. It also allows centralizing support or other requests that previously may have been done via email. Quick Base can handle a large variety of scenarios from sales and finance to business landing pages and support requests. Quick Base allows the users to build very low costs applications for business processes where it would have been cost prohibitive to build in a traditional software development model.