Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
Quickbase is being used by the IT dept for IT management, procurement, employee repository, meeting management and vendor CRM. We track our IT assets, software, user backstock, mobile phones and accounts, and track against each employee.
- Being a database, the relationships between tables and apps is extremely powerful.
- Once you get better at formulas, you can do some very amazing calculations and formatting.
- It's not very "pretty". It's functional and works well, but it could stand to look better, or work on a way to add some kind of front facing GUI for asthetics.
- The mobile platform is very clunky. While it works good at converting a complicated app to something mobile, there really should be a better way.
I have played with Zoho Creator, which offers a plan for consumers like myself to use. I only stopped because I didn't have the personal bandwidth to learn a new system.
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
I've never really done that. Most times, I had to go with a 2.0 kind of upgrade because my knowledge levels went up and I needed to rebuild, not upgrade.