Quickbase saves the day, again!
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
We use Quickbase as a workflow and project management tool. It is primarily used only by our group with roughly 100 users, however a few business partners have roles in it as well for reporting purposes or if they are project team members. Our custom application addresses a few business problems.
1. Centralizing our inventory of work across many groups
2. Transparency of the work, reporting, alerts, dashboards, etc.
3. Controls: Leveraging formulas, rules and roles in the application to build in approvals and gates throughout the workflow.
4. Flexibility: Building and owning our own application allows us to change it on the fly.
- Form rules allow for customizing workflow, and the set up of any data schema is simple and requires very little database skills. At the same time it allows for the more technically savvy to create quite sophisticated applications.
- Hosted and web based with user and role definitions, simplifies the distribution and access controls.
- Customer support has been great, anytime I've used the built in functionality to search for guidance or contact support, I've been helped immediately. Very responsive team with knowledge of the tool.
- One thing missed that most applications support is dynamic value lists for dropdown boxes.
- It would be very helpful if the selections made available could be changed based on the value of another field.
- Exposing the data for reporting. We had to buy a 3rd party tool to connect to our QuickBase data via ODBC. I would like to see this come with the product.
- Would like to see a controls library with the ability to program the events and properties of the controls.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
I update the apps we have developed all the time, it is an easy process if you understand how it was built or how the application elements work together.
End users are sometimes amazed when they sit and watch me as I help them make a change to something, both for how simple it is and for how fast we can turn a request around. Going through our IT group might take days or weeks for a simple change to make it through the lifecycle.