Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
We use Quickbase across the organization as a platform to manage our integrated ES&H Management System. We use Quickbase to track a site ES&H footprints in our facility profile, site legal requirements, a task manager, an audit capture tool, an event planner, a risk assessment tool along with several other applications.
- Quickbase is good at data capture.
- Quickbase has the capability in providing process flow and notification.
- Quickbase provides a means to pull and capture data.
- With all the advancement of communication it would beneficial for the system to be able to provide a simpler text messaging capability.
- System design for development, i.e. look and feel seems to be limiting.
We have been able to use Quickbase to build, deploy and maintain custom business applications specific to or needs faster and easier than what is offered on the market.
Other data bases seem to be designed so you get what you get. Not customizable nor tailorable to your specific needs.
We have a developer that has been homegrown. Development has been fairly easy with what seems to be new capabilities learned almost weekly. The support received for development has been impressive and fairly timely. The support team will not develop anything for you but they are there to show you how to accomplish what you want when if comes to development.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
As we all know management of change can be a challenge. When we have changes in our organization and personnel move around or move on, with few simple keystrokes a change in a name drives responsibility and action to a new person without missing a beat.