Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
[It is used for an] application built to track engagements/projects and deliverable status.
- Easy to build tables and relationships
- Implementation does not require significant technical training (e.g SQL familiarity)
- Easy to deploy to multiple users
- Table management (e.g adding or deleting columns could be easier)
- Presentation allowing cell value level coloring, as opposed to row-only highlighting
- More robust user role definition to allow specific field updates.
We've been running and updating an application for about 7 years that manages the work stream across two medium-sized teams. The interactions between our teams and the larger IT organization is constantly changing, as does our management reporting requirements. Our Quickbase application is simple enough to stay a relevant and effective tool.
- Excel4apps and Oracle
Quickbase provided the level of customization and functionality at an attainable price. There were other teams within the company using Quickbase which made the license acquisition easier. The ease of implementation and management, with the recommendation of other, existing user groups was the true selling point. We were able to get up and running without additional consulting costs.
Our current, primary application is now maintained by a non-technical administrator. She has developed an adequate level of Quickbase management skills by self-learning and casual consulting with other users within company. We don't allow our wider "user base" to develop applications at this time but would not be opposed to the idea.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
My specific team works very closely with a "partner" team. As our partner's role grew to be more engaged in the overall IT project process it became apparent that they needed to manage several additional data points across a number of concurrent projects. Working with our partners we were able to update our application to support both our and their data requirements quite easily.