Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
We use Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise to manage the full company accounting and reporting for our $3 Million per year revenue component manufacturing company. We primarily serve the automotive industry.
- Excellent list of standard reports
- Great flexibility to customize reports
- Clean and intuitive interface
- I'd like to see cloud-based hosted solutions made more affordable for smaller companies like ours.
- Why is this still a 32-bit program? 64-bit has been the norm for many years and it would speed up the response time significantly I'm sure.
- Different forms and reports seem to use different printing coding. Some of my forms print well and some have trouble while I'm using the same computer.
- It was about half the annual cost of our previous software and considerably more intuitive and with logical workflow. Helped us to cut our "Data Processing" expense significantly.
Our initial setup of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise wasn't entirely successful because we tried to duplicate our existing chart of accounts numbers which were not organized as well as they should have been. Once we got more familiar with how to make GL accounts sub-accounts of other heading accounts we were able to get the reporting to look much better and be more useful.
The reporting has helped us quickly provide accounting information to lenders, most recently during the COVID19 pandemic when applying for the Paycheck Protection Loan.
We migrated away from Made2Manage and found QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise to be considerably more user friendly and because it's such an industry standard finding support when we needed it was far more available and far cheaper.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is very well suited for smaller companies like ours. I suspect that it would not be as appropriate for a company with several locations unless the cloud hosting functionality gets more affordable.