My accounting platform of choice!https://www.trustradius.com/accountingQuickBooks Desktop PremierUnspecified8.12551012018-01-25T15:59:38.362Z
January 25, 2018
My accounting platform of choice!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Premier
I use QuickBooks Premier in my line of business daily. This is the platform that I also recommend to my clients. Being an accounting professional, I need a platform that would offer customizations for different industries, tracking of billable expenses, creation of various financial statements to analyze profitability, quick lookup of items. I find that this QuickBooks product most fully addresses these needs.
- QuickBooks Premier has all the basic functions of the QuickBooks Basic plus industry-specific tools for inventory management, cost-tracking and much more.
- QuickBooks Premier has an extensive set of reports that can be customized for profitability analysis. Plus AR/AP reports are an excellent tool to help manage cash flow.
- QuickBooks Premier is inexpensive in a long run as opposed to QuickBooks Online where you pay monthly recurring fees, those add up quickly!
- Learning some of the advanced functions can be time-consuming, but there is lots of online support through QB community and YouTube training videos.
- While it's more efficient and comprehensive, QuickBooks Online gives instant simultaneous access to business owners and accounting professionals. Same cannot be said about QuickBooks Premier desktop version.
- QuickBooks Premier Accountant version streamlines my processing of tasks making it easy to quickly switch between windows thus reducing time it takes to perform bulk of accounting entries.
- QuickBooks Premier is a desktop version and has to be installed on client's computer to provide access for the business owners. That can be time consuming and limits flexibility that online/cloud-based platform offers.
- Billable time tracking is a great functionality that helps me a lot in my business.
Although cloud-based platforms with a monthly subscription are very popular, I still prefer a desktop enterprise solution. Profit & Loss reports by Customer are not accurate in the online version because they cannot account for employee-related costs that should be assigned to these jobs. Also, QuickBooks Online sometimes runs slow in a browser as it depends on internet speed and server performance.
Companies with in-house accounting will benefit most from this platform. It is a fast desktop version with an easy job costing process from estimate to PO, order tracking, and unbilled time. That is a great feature for contractors, who create estimates with many lines - platform makes it easy to convert to PO/invoice.