Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Premier
We use Quickbooks Premier (2018 version) primarily for A/P, A/R, and payroll functions within our small marketing company. This program solves invoicing and vendor payment issues as well as making payroll simple and nearly seamless. We do also file state and federal tax forms within B for ease of reporting and data collection. The many reports available make financial statement analysis simple.
- Data entry and compilation are seamless and easy with QB Premier 2018.
- Invoicing is smooth and statements can now be sent including a "PAST DUE" stamp.
- Financial statements are easy to combine and draw information directly out to provide for company owners, banks, and investors.
- The ability to move screens over and out to more monitors is amazing!
- I would like to see the multi window controls improved to include icons rather than the left sidebar menu.
- Inventory control could be improved some although I do not use it much in this position I have had opportunities in the past that would have been a bit more simple had the function been more user-friendly.
- I am still learning some of the new functions in this version but overall I think QB does a great job of minimizing the stress in my job as an accounting manager.
- QB Premier has streamlined many previously manual entry accounting processes within our company effectively saving time and money!
- QB Premier has saved my company several thousand dollars each year in man hours it would take for manual entry and adjustment of our books.
The other accounting-based programs I have attempted to utilize in this position have been far inferior to the functionality of QB premier. One, in particular, has several methods of use and not all of them were easy to navigate. QB's use of icons and homepage direction chart makes finding where to start a breeze. I can literally point and click and end up right where I intended to be without worrying that I'm going to mess something up.
I use QuickBooks premier in my business which is internet marketing/affiliate market-related. I have also helped other companies set up and begin using QB Premier in industries such as manufacturing and construction. With the right setup and add-ons, QB can be used in nearly all scenarios with ease. I find the program user-friendly and although I would not call it foolproof, easily taught to even those without an accounting background.
QuickBooks Desktop Premier Feature Ratings
Using QuickBooks Premier
3 - Accounts Payable
1 - An indepth knowledge of the inner workings of QB Premier are best for the support position. I am that person for our small company. I have been using QB for over 20 years in one capacity or another and find working out the bugs or correcting issues of improper use to be less challenging with each passing year. I can now assist my other staff members in creating a functional being out of their QB programs.
- Payroll - my employees appreciate the accuracy and speed with which I am able to get their payroll completed each payperiod.
- Invoicing - my customers appreciate the clarity and accuracy with which i am able to provide them detailed information regarding their purchase.
- Payables - My vendors appreciate the detail they are given in receiving their payments for products or services provided.
- We use QuickBooks premier to closely manage employee pay and raises. New functionality in 2018 includes payroll wage change reporting.
- In the future we plan to incorporate a fully functional virtual inventory using QB
Because we have been extremely happy with the product and our organization tends to be creatures of habit. We rarely leave a product that works this well for the latest and greatest. Typically we follow the "if it's not broken, don't fix it rule". While QB does make changes we typically just roll with it. If we do find something we don't like we work through it until we fully understand its functionality.