Overall Satisfaction with RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg)
RainKing was used by both sales and marketing departments. Sales teams used it to augment their account info, marketing used it to enhance target profiles and marketing target lists. Our experience with the account manager was on and off. Very unresponsive and not interested to help with the renewal. The tool is pricey compared to competitors. We are also using InsideView. We asked for a document to help us make the point why to renew with Discover (RainKing, what are the differences with InsideView, but we got canned documents (product brochure). He really didn't seem interested in us renewing. I wanted to use our experience with the tool and expand the number of licenses but I had no partner in Discover/RainKing for this. Consequently, we decided not to renew. In my experience with other vendors: Eloqua (now Oracle) and Salesforce, we always get the help we need for renewal and even expand the services. Discover/ RainKing is the first one not interested in renewing. Disappointing.
- Decent account and contact list email accuracy (designation by department though is just ok)
- Good visibility in the account family tree
- Good visibility in the accounts employees
- Account manager - really unresponsive, not interested in helping with renewal, making the case to our execs
- The Discover/RainKing team was not interested in helping us expand the way we are utilizing the tool, provide additional training, etc
- Contacts department designation lacks in accuracy, we frequently found significant mismatches
- In general can help with more accurate targeting (competitors provide more accurate and granular department designations)
- It can help with account penetration since it does provide the family tree and it is quite accurate
- Alerts do help in understanding companies initiatives (however competitors do provide similar service)
We did not renew with RainKing. We chose to go with InsideView, Ibis World and FactSet which provide more accurate data and have very supportive customer satisfaction and account managers. We feel we receive a lot of support in better understanding how to leverage the products, train the teams, get best practices insight, etc.