RainKing is a sales intelligence software solution offered by RainKing Software.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/hU/n9/JZOPG13GRRH7.JPEGGlobal Demand Gen DirectorRainKing was used by both sales and marketing departments. Sales teams used it to augment their account info, marketing used it to enhance target profiles and marketing target lists. Our experience with the account manager was on and off. Very unresponsive and not interested to help with the renewal. The tool is pricey compared to competitors. We are also using InsideView. We asked for a document to help us make the point why to renew with Discover (RainKing, what are the differences with InsideView, but we got canned documents (product brochure). He really didn't seem interested in us renewing. I wanted to use our experience with the tool and expand the number of licenses but I had no partner in Discover/RainKing for this. Consequently, we decided not to renew. In my experience with other vendors: Eloqua (now Oracle) and Salesforce, we always get the help we need for renewal and even expand the services. Discover/ RainKing is the first one not interested in renewing. Disappointing.,Decent account and contact list email accuracy (designation by department though is just ok) Good visibility in the account family tree Good visibility in the accounts employees,Account manager - really unresponsive, not interested in helping with renewal, making the case to our execs The Discover/RainKing team was not interested in helping us expand the way we are utilizing the tool, provide additional training, etc Contacts department designation lacks in accuracy, we frequently found significant mismatches,4,In general can help with more accurate targeting (competitors provide more accurate and granular department designations) It can help with account penetration since it does provide the family tree and it is quite accurate Alerts do help in understanding companies initiatives (however competitors do provide similar service),,Target email lists, organizational family trees in general,InsideViewMaking it Rain with RainKingWe use RainKing primarily in our prospecting efforts to identify and validate individuals and organizations. We use RainKing as we continue to build and refine territory account lists. The information in RainKing is invaluable in helping us more clearly understand who we're talking to and where they fit within the organization. It also gives us some insight into the technology landscape within the organization.,Organization charts Account-level information IT personas,Non-IT personas Would like to see them research a bit quicker. Would like to see the DiscoverOrg capabilities extended to existnig RK customers.,9,Saves time looking for contact information at a rep level. Aids in territory building at an operational level.,,I don't personally generate much in the way of RainKing reports.RainKing - helping to make it rain for SDRs and Sales ProfessionalsMy role is in business development/inside sales. We use RainKing to find prospects as well as gather additional data about them (names, titles, email address, physical location) - it helps us for prospecting and filling the sales pipeline.,It provides relevant and accurate information about prospects. It is easy to use. It provides very good data, such as companies and people to pursue.,I'm not a fan of my account manager. He's not the most responsive. There are limitations to the software (ex: I've found several instances where I get a message that says I need to pay more to get information about certain people/companies).,8,I don't have that information readily available to quantify the positive impact. However, I will say that I've found a lot of good prospects via RainKing to target my outreach efforts to. I definitely feel like the product pays for itself.,I don't create reports. Typically, I will pull up companies that I am interested in pursuing on an individual basis.Make it Rain!RainKing is used by the marketing area for scoops, industry analysis, prospects, research, etc. Information is shared with the appropriate sales person/group and used for selling/prospecting. Addresses issue of keeping current regarding contacts and necessity of research. RainKing is used across several different marketing departments throughout the company. It is a very useful tool.,Company research - technologies, revenue, etc. Daily scoops reflecting issues, pains, or new initiatives. Potential contact research - IT execs.,I'd like research requests to be addressed much more quickly. RainKing should integrate into ServiceNow as it does with Salesforce. There could be less ambiguous information - a lot of times several CIOs or other execs are listed - which is confusing and incorrect.,8,Definitely has helped prospecting by providing quality contact information. Allows quick determination of key IT executives - huge time saver. Ability to get important trend/initiative information to understand where opportunities are - allows focus on "real" opportunities.,InsideView,The only real "reports" I pull have to do with searching on a particular technology or in regards to a radial search of a certain geography. Also, the scoops reports are great. These reports do very much meet my needs. The information is normally current and correct, the reports are easy to pull, and they are quite useful in determining opportunities, or potential contacts for campaigns, events, etc.,Microsoft Dynamics AX, ServiceNow, DPS Outlook OfficeRainKing - Is it for you?I hold events to connect IT executives and vendors and utilize RainKing to help obtain the right type of individuals to invite to said events. The tool helps me to quickly weed out the majority of contacts from their database that do not make sense/fit the profile for our events and this enables me to save quite a bit of time vs. manually removing those individuals.,Quickness in response to any inquiries with their team. Friendliness of their staff and overall willingness to help. Quality of data.,Larger dataset (could always use more) - This is more of a non-issue given the acquisition by DiscoverOrg.,10,Without attendees for our events, we couldn't host them in the first place. RainKing has been a key part of providing what we need to put our events together.,DiscoverOrg,I create reports that include executives that fit the profiles I select within a given radius from our event locations. These reports have fit my needs and allow me to easily obtain what I need to start the invite process.
RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg)

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Reviews

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg)
Top Rated Award
Filter 38 vetted RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) reviews and ratings
Ileana Gheorma profile photo
June 18, 2018

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "Global Demand Gen Director"

• Decent account and contact list email accuracy (designation by department though is just ok)
  • Good visibility in the account family tree
  • Good visibility in the accounts employees
  • Account manager - really unresponsive, not interested in helping with renewal, making the case to our execs
  • The Discover/RainKing team was not interested in helping us expand the way we are utilizing the tool, provide additional training, etc
  • Contacts department designation lacks in accuracy, we frequently found significant mismatches
Unresponsiveness and disinterest of account manager is a deal breaker for us.
Read Ileana Gheorma's full review
Ryan Schertzer profile photo
February 01, 2018

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "Making it Rain with RainKing"

• Organization charts
  • Account-level information
  • IT personas
  • Non-IT personas
  • Would like to see them research a bit quicker.
  • Would like to see the DiscoverOrg capabilities extended to existnig RK customers.
RainKing is especially good if you are looking for IT buyers in larger organizations, primarily in the US. If you want lots of non-IT buyers and LOB individuals it will require time and research.
Read Ryan Schertzer's full review
May 16, 2018

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "RainKing - helping to make it rain for SDRs and Sales Professionals"

• It provides relevant and accurate information about prospects.
  • It is easy to use.
  • It provides very good data, such as companies and people to pursue.
  • I'm not a fan of my account manager. He's not the most responsive.
  • There are limitations to the software (ex: I've found several instances where I get a message that says I need to pay more to get information about certain people/companies).
It's great if you have a team of sales development reps and/or sales reps that need to fill a sales pipeline.
Brad Driscoll profile photo
December 13, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "Make it Rain!"

• Company research - technologies, revenue, etc.
  • Daily scoops reflecting issues, pains, or new initiatives.
  • Potential contact research - IT execs.
  • I'd like research requests to be addressed much more quickly.
  • RainKing should integrate into ServiceNow as it does with Salesforce.
  • There could be less ambiguous information - a lot of times several CIOs or other execs are listed - which is confusing and incorrect.
RainKing is excellent for times when there is a specific company we are trying to get into from a sales perspective. The tool gives a great overview of the company without getting into too much detail and also has great (and fairly up to date) information around who the key executives are from an IT perspective.

The only real complaint I have is that is won't integrate with ServiceNow.
Read Brad Driscoll's full review
Ryan Heiserman profile photo
December 04, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "RainKing - Is it for you?"

• Quickness in response to any inquiries with their team.
  • Friendliness of their staff and overall willingness to help.
  • Quality of data.
  • Larger dataset (could always use more) - This is more of a non-issue given the acquisition by DiscoverOrg.
RainKing is useful for anyone that has a desire/need to reach out to those in the Information Technology community. I only use it for higher-level executives so I can't speak to how far down the org chart they go. If you're not looking for IT-related contacts then it may not be the best tool for you to use to acquire new contacts.
Read Ryan Heiserman's full review
Joshua Carter profile photo
November 29, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg): "Accurate Contact Information, Oh My!"

RainKing was used by the entire sales department as a means for evaluating companies. We would use the filtering tool to allow ourselves to only see companies within our territories. We also exported the information from RainKing once we were finished, which allowed us to work offline, if we were traveling and on the go. Lastly, we used RainKing if we could not find accurate e-mail addresses or phone numbers for the correct individuals.
  • Provides the ability to filter by company location, size, and business type.
  • Provides accurate e-mail addresses and phone numbers of individuals
  • Allows for the exporting of data and information to Salesforce, or offline.
  • RainKing can be a little "busy" sometimes, meaning that there can be much going on, on the page.
  • RainKing requires you to go through many different pages that seem a little unnecessary.
  • RainKing did seem a little expensive in price, according to management within my company.

I'd say that it is best suited for individuals who are prospecting businesses and individuals who would serve as potential clients. It is best suited for those trying to find out e-mail addresses or phone numbers for specific individuals if they cannot find through a search engine.

It is not all that appropriate/beneficial if you are not prospecting individuals. It doesn't seem like it would be needed.

Read Joshua Carter's full review
December 13, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg): "Real review of Rainking"

RainKing is used by our business development team for lead generation, reviewing organizations' structure, technologies, etc. We are a very niche consulting firm focused on software development, so utilizing this tool for technology stack and major initiatives, is primarily how we have utilized this tool.
  • Great at customer service- helping you navigate the tool, set up saved searches, etc.
  • Quick to respond if the information is not valid.
  • Friendly user interface.
  • More information on start-ups.
They are very responsive and helpful with utilizing the tool, setting up custom features, etc. The customer service is very quick to respond. Overall the tool is very easy to navigate.
December 13, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "Unmatched information"

Rainking was an amazing tool for not only getting contact information but finding new initiatives at organizations in different industries. They also have a great breakdown of the management tree for companies.
  • Being able to search for companies that are currently evaluating solutions in your space.
  • The contact information for people and related people is also great, I have used dozens of other data solutions and prefer Rainking.
  • Rainking also gives you the ability to create lists of your ideal buyer and download them which was great for my team and I pull new contacts to prospect!
  • I can't get over how impressive the org chart info is in RainKing, it allowed myself and my team to find other involved prospects and get a good feel for organizations.
  • Obviously, emails and direct lines are hard to come by and change but staying on top of that is crucial.
  • Some of the info that other people share about initiatives at companies can be weak or misleading.
  • There were at least a few times where I had login trouble and with a password reset.
For what I used it for, finding new opportunities and contacts it is terrific. I haven't had any scenarios where I have not issues.
September 25, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "Powerful Marketing & Sales Intelligence Tool to Drive Collaboration & Alignment"

RainKing is being used as a sales and marketing intelligence tool for our marketing and SDR team. The robust technology segmentation and global database for contacts, companies, and customized scoops have allowed our team to significantly reduce the amount of time spent researching. The tool allows us to quickly understand the market size and audience for strategic campaign development and execution.
  • Robust technology stacks and company information that is consistently updated and reviewed by RainKing in house researchers
  • High level of accuracy for detailed contact information in comparison to "Lists" or crowd sourced alternatives
  • Extremely prompt follow up from support team
Appropriate for demand generation and database development. Easy to launch broad campaigns while understanding the granular details of your audience and the ability to incorporate changes on the fly. Developing marketing lists for regional events, industry focused, and technology focused initiatives. Arm your sales team with accurate data while aligning them to marketing for collaboration and support.
September 18, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "Sales Intelligence at its Best"

We are utilizing RainKing in three ways:
1) Our sales enablement team is using RainKing to gain insight into organizations and their potential upcoming projects. They are also researching companies and downloading lists for email campaigns.
2) Our sales directors are using RainKing to gain insight into organizations they are pursuing.
3) Our marketing team is using RainKing to build lists for webinars and other campaigns.
  • RainKing's user interface is extremely user friendly and rather intuitive.
  • Although we are fairly new to RainKing, we're finding their data to be accurate.
  • RainKing support is phenomenal! They jump in to assist in "exception" reporting, as that is not a native part of their platform.
  • The only thing that comes to mind is the inability to run "exception" lists (i.e. companies that don't have a specific technology).
  • RainKing was just acquired by DiscoverOrg ... and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the RainKing platform will be retained rather than DiscoverOrg's!
RainKing is well suite for insides sales, outside sales, and marketing when the need is for detailed company information or list building for email or other campaigns. I also see where it might be useful to a Recuiter who is looking for specific skill sets within a specific geography or industry.
LeAnn Perkins profile photo
May 22, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "RainKing - You'll make it rain!!"

Marketing and sales both use RainKing. It helps with lead generation information for prospecting and making cold calls/e-mails.
  • RainKing is accurate.
  • User-friendly interface.
  • Direct numbers!!
  • Fine-tune results.
  • Sometimes runs a little slow.
  • Sometimes information is old.
  • Sometimes I can't find the contact info I'm looking for, but that's not usually the case.
It's great for prospecting; learning details about an organization before calling is really priceless. It's well-suited for anyone in marketing, sales, lead gen. It's a great tool.
Read LeAnn Perkins's full review
June 15, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "RainKing is the KING of all the account data!"

We use RainKing in the sales sub organization within our company. Specifically, our sales development representatives (SDRs) and I use RK to find accounts and import them into Salesforce. We also use it to find more information we can use to merge data with our accounts that are currently in our SFDC instance but have little descriptive information or contact details.
  • RainKing seems to have a huge amount of data aggregated across verticals. I rarely encounter instances in which I can't find an account I'm looking for to add to our SFDC instance.
  • RainKing provides an attractive UI to holistically view accounts and all their details in one place.
  • RainKing's search engine is CRAZY good - I feel like I can search on tons of filters that are customizable or really pull in specific data so we can route data to specific regional account managers or sales reps in certain areas of the world.
  • Sometimes I do find that there are accounts that don't exist in RainKing and I'm adding the accounts to Salesforce by using Google, which is sort of a pain and makes RainKing not worth the price.
  • RainKing was pretty expensive, but I don't blame them for their business model.
  • When you don't purchase every package they provide, error messages consistently appear (e.g. for federal data, which costs more).
RainKing is less appropriate when you don't have the funds or resources to pay for it. You could easily Google the information that you're looking for, or use CrunchBase, but it's extremely time-consuming. RainKing makes this very easy and the data seamlessly sends to Salesforce with the proper integration. RainKing is very appropriate when you have a large team of folks that need to source leads/accounts simultaneously and need licenses to do so - it's worth the money with a larger team.
March 06, 2017

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Review: "Great sales (prospecting) tool"

Rainking is being used in our sales department. We use it as an aid to our prospecting - we can easily find contact information for leads, find new leads and also inside scoops from the company
  • Large source of contacts - eg phone number, emails
  • Responsibility matrix - makes it easier to find the decision maker
  • Saves time searching for direct lines
  • Job title - I find that job title is often not accurate and need to double check it on LinkedIn
  • Contacts no longer working at company - update info more often
  • Scoops are often not accurate/true
As a tool to aid prospecting its great. You save a lot of time searching online for phone numbers, email address etc.

Using it for its scoops would be a waste of time - it's great for getting phone numbers and that's the main thing

RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) Scorecard Summary

Advanced search (13)
Identification of new leads (13)
List quality (12)
List upload/download (12)
Ideal customer targeting (13)
Load time/data access (13)
Contact information (13)
Company information (13)
Industry information (12)
Lead qualification process (10)
Smart lists and recommendations (11)
Salesforce integration (9)
9.2
Company/business profiles (12)
Alerts and reminders (7)
Data hygiene (12)
Automatic data refresh (9)
Tags (7)
Filters and segmentation (13)
Append emails to records (1)

About RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg)

RainKing is a sales intelligence solution that was acquired by DiscoverOrg. As such, RainKing data has been fully integrated into DiscoverOrg. The RainKing platform is being maintained for existing customers, but new customers are being added to DiscoverOrg. Current RainKing customers are being migrated to DiscoverOrg.