A Good Tool at a Great Price
June 17, 2014
A Good Tool at a Great Price
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with RavenTools
RavenTools has been a valuable asset in our web development and marketing services endeavors mostly because it allows us to load tons of data from multiple sources into one platform. Once you set up a campaign for a website, you can start tracking the metrics that matter to you and your client as well as output custom reports with just a few clicks. These are the features we mostly rely on it RavenTools for:
- Bing and Google Webmaster Tools data
- Performance data on social media posts
- Keyword rankings on Bing and Google
- AdWords campaign performance
- Google Anayltics data
- Quick analysis of on-site optimization for potential and current clients
- Easily combining the previously mentioned data into white-labeled reports for our clients that we can kick out manually or schedule to be automatically produced.
- You can very easily take data from your social media campaigns, SEO and SEM campaigns, page optimization, website traffic, etc and combine it all into very neat custom reports.
- Quick analysis of a website's on-site optimization that can not only help you prepare an SEO campaign or offer insights into why a current campaign isn't working, but also help your sales force close the deal with clients when they see the errors on their current website.
- You can provide a great deal of transparency with your clients without much overhead on your end by setting them up with access or automatically kicking out PDF reports to them.
- The data it gets from Webmaster Tools and Analytics is great and reporting on it is easy - however, when you're looking at the charts for keyword placement on screen the graphic can be hard to read and often I find myself just checking GWT and BWT separately for easier information if no report needs to be generated.
- RavenTools comes with an iPhone app so you can check on your campaigns and clients when you're not at your desk, however, the app crashes quite a bit when you get to the Google Analytics portion of the screen.
- It makes life easier for developers, consultants and content marketers doing the work on the websites and campaigns since all the information you'll need can be found in one portal.
- It's made life easier on our sales team who spend the majority of their time interfacing with clients instead of preparing reports for them.
- Our customers really appreciate the level of detail we can provide them in the monthly report booklets we provide them.
Well to be honest, we hadn't tried other solutions before RavenTools. Until we started with them we were doing all of our work the old fashioned way, pouring through code for on-site SEO problems and kicking out reports and/or screenshots of charts from other services depending on our needs at their capabilities at the time.
I give it a 9 because unless another tool comes along with some truly impressive features and doesn't severely impact our bottom line, we'll be sticking with RavenTools. Conductor looks like a great tool and I've been through the demo with their sales team, however, unless you're willing to spend a couple thousand dollars a month on it RavenTools is likely a better choice.
I would say RavenTools is most appropriate if you find you are spending a lot of time logging into different services and generating different reports from each. It's been a big time saver for us because we can compile all that data into one report and even generate a cover page and table of contents. This suite has also been beneficial for our sales team in that they we can provide detailed reports on the problems with their website before we even close the deal with them.