Overall Satisfaction with RealVNC
I use RealVNC within my organization for multiple tasks. It's a quick and easy way to remote into a users PC and resolve an issue. We also use it to remote into servers at sites all across the US and in other countries. Since RealVNC has an easy to use interface, it's very quick to pick it up and use it when needed.
- RealVNC handles PC authentication very well and generates easy to read and understand error messages if it has difficult connecting to a host.
- RealVNC handles multiple desktop environments easily.
- RealVNC makes it easy to switch between connected machines to manage multiple machines within one environment.
- The only concerns I have about RealVNC in our environment is security.
- We also have a concern about encryption across PCs that are outside of our HQ.
- We'd like to see and hear about what RealVNC has planned for the next year.
- RealVNC has increased employee efficiency by allowing a Field Service rep to remote into a machine without having the user log off first.
- RealVNC does offer outstanding customer service and technical support for it's products.
- From our studies, RealVNC is much cheaper than most of it's competition. This is always a concern when bringing in new tools.
RealVNC offers a more intuitive user interface and feel than Remote Desktop. It navigates authentication quicker and easier and provides easy to understand feedback if you're having an issue connecting to a host.
I chose a 10 because of it's easy of use and small client size. It's easily installed / deployed and works pretty much right out of the box. It's well suited for machines that are on the network, either physically connected or connected through VPN of some sort. RealVNC can also work using IP of machines outside the network, but functions at it's best with machines on the same domain.
The training is very informative, quick and to the point. All of the details one would need are present so the user doesn't have to go searching for additional information just to use the application. The layout of the training was also neat and concise, some of the other training sessions for other companies I've done in the past were confusing and not well thought out, this one is much more superior.