Overall Satisfaction with VNC Connect
RealVNC was used by the IT department to gain access to end user's computers in order to provide remote technical support.
- RealVNC's compatibility was fantastic. With RealVNC server running on a Windows PC you can connect to it using a number of various other clients, so you were not restricted client side to just one product.
- RealVNC was stable and had a small memory footprint, unlike many other remote assistance programs.
- RealVNC was very lightweight and had several options to make it work well on high latency, low throughput connections.
- RealVNC could definitely come with native encryption built in.
- RealVNC could use an overhaul with their UI in order to make it more user friendly.
- RealVNC improved response time at our company by a fair amount. Instead of having to foot it over to an end user's machine we could first remote in and take a look quickly to see if it was something that could be handled remotely.
- TightVNC,Teamviewer,LogMeIn Rescue
RealVNC is by far the lightest weight solution, if not the most basic for remotely connecting to a computer. Other products are much nicer in that they allow for encrypted access over the internet though and that's where RealVNC falls short.
The program does what it's supposed to do and does it well. It was never oversold and delivers on it's promises.
RealVNC is a great way to connect within a LAN, but is not easy to setup or secure to access off LAN. It also does not provide native encryption which may be an issue in some environments.
Using VNC Connect
We will still use RealVNC for many things, but we are also starting to use other, more robust products due to our expanding needs.
Evaluating VNC Connect and Competitors
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
Pricing and usability were a huge factor in deploying RealVNC. It was not only affordable, but stable and proven.
I would more than likely take into consideration updates and expanded connectivity functions in choosing a remote support product the next time around.
VNC Connect Training
Using VNC Connect
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Connecting to remote machines is straightforward.
- Client is light and resource friendly.
- VNCServer is easy to setup and has lots of useful features such as password protection.
- Program is limited to LAN use unless configured otherwise, but internet access is not a native function.
- Program can tend to be detected as a virus by some antivirus programs.
Yes, but I don't use it