VNC Connect Review: "Fantastic and affordable solution for a LAN, falls short elsewhere though"https://www.trustradius.com/remote-desktopVNC ConnectUnspecified8.1701012014-02-06T20:40:50.845Z
Overall Satisfaction with RealVNC
RealVNC was used by the IT department to gain access to end user's computers in order to provide remote technical support.
- RealVNC's compatibility was fantastic. With RealVNC server running on a Windows PC you can connect to it using a number of various other clients, so you were not restricted client side to just one product.
- RealVNC was stable and had a small memory footprint, unlike many other remote assistance programs.
- RealVNC was very lightweight and had several options to make it work well on high latency, low throughput connections.
- RealVNC could definitely come with native encryption built in.
- RealVNC could use an overhaul with their UI in order to make it more user friendly.
- RealVNC improved response time at our company by a fair amount. Instead of having to foot it over to an end user's machine we could first remote in and take a look quickly to see if it was something that could be handled remotely.
- TightVNC,Teamviewer,LogMeIn Rescue
RealVNC is by far the lightest weight solution, if not the most basic for remotely connecting to a computer. Other products are much nicer in that they allow for encrypted access over the internet though and that's where RealVNC falls short.
Evaluating RealVNC and Competitors
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
Pricing and usability were a huge factor in deploying RealVNC. It was not only affordable, but stable and proven.
The program does what it's supposed to do and does it well. It was never oversold and delivers on it's promises.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Connecting to remote machines is straightforward.
- Client is light and resource friendly.
- VNCServer is easy to setup and has lots of useful features such as password protection.
- Program is limited to LAN use unless configured otherwise, but internet access is not a native function.
- Program can tend to be detected as a virus by some antivirus programs.