Overall Satisfaction with Samepage
We have been looking for the holy grail of project management for YEARS. We wanted something that could be easily understood by all staff members as well as allow us to communicate with our clients who are not typically tech savvy or interested in learning one more piece of software to manage us. Everyone in our company uses it. We've introduced it to many of our clients.
- All communication is literally on one page, so you don't have to learn its navigation. Cuts the learning curve.
- User interface is very simple. WYSIWYG.
- The mobile app works well and I like how it syncs with the desktop version.
- Just discovered the Dropbox sync. Very cool. Works way better than Dropbox at sharing files!
- My biggest wishlist item is email integration. We previously used Insightly and that was an amazing feature it had: customers email you saying, "Do this thing for me," and you could click and have it upload and assign the task in Insightly. I'd rate SamePage a 10 if it had that. (But Insightly had too many other nonstarters for us, so we bit the bullet and changed to SP).
- While I said navigation was easy, sometimes it's "too easy." You can overthink what you're trying to do and the program is not flexible like others are. There's pretty much only 1 way to do anything. For example, sometimes it's confusing which parts of a page are shared and which ones aren't. Wish that was ID'd better
- Don't like having to scroll to the bottom of the task list to add a new task. Since we primarily use SP for tasks, wish it had a "create task" button that could be clicked from anywhere, not just in its task section
- We all manage our own projects and bring in colleagues when we need help. SP has allowed us to reduce all the other ways we were communicating previously (Skype, G-Docs, email) and have one place where we all go to find out what's going on and stay on deadline. We're still figuring out the best way to adapt it to our needs.
- The lack of task assignment from Gmail or Outlook is really a missed oppty for this software. Seems like everyone else is doing it, so not sure why they are dragging on this. It has been requested by users multiple times.
We absolutely needed 2-way task management tracking with our clients, in addition to internally communicating. Plus, this communication needed to be more informative than requesting a response...otherwise, clients wouldn't use something they had to learn. They are simply not motivated to learn more software to do business with us. SamePage has been the simplest and least expensive tool we've found to handle our task management.
We only use Samepage (SP) for project management. I tried watching some YouTube videos when we first started using the program, and their way of using SP made no sense to me (education industry). So the videos weren't helpful for how we use SP, even for generalizing about tips/shortcuts. Therefore, my answer is "use SP for project management and it will be a good choice for you to keep up with project statuses."
Samepage Feature Ratings
We started using Samepage's free trial and hadn't used it enough by the time it was over. But they were very gracious in extending our trial and giving us extra Pages to use to be sure it met our needs. I love when software companies act like real people, care about our success and realize we are working off deadlines. We are now a paid user.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response