It's All About Data
September 15, 2020
It's All About Data
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SAP Master Data Governance
It is used by one department, but the organization is planning to use it across all departments. It's an enterprise-wide master data management application that is used to govern master data for business partners, products, etc. Constantly monitors the quality of master data and improves it.
- One place for the whole company to look for master data info
- Keeps track of missing attributes and provides reporting on data quality
- Process analytics
- Consolidates data to use best-matched records
- If it's not managed properly, the same data could be placed in different places.
- Hard to integrate with non-SAP systems
- Hard to customize
- Helps to get the best-matched record
- It increases the speed of updating the data.
- Having our master data in one place provides better analytics.
We are currently only looking for a SAP tool so have not looked for an alternative. Earlier, we were using an older legacy master data management solution. The next logical step is the SAP Master Data Governance solution. We use the out of the box standard solution with the best practices philosophy.
SAP MDG is clearly focused on those organizations that have to manage a huge amount of data with several sources. It allows you to consolidate and update the data in one single place. Also, it can be used to provide data to third-party systems.
With SAP Master Data Governance pre-built data models, business rules and other factors have surely increased the ability of the organization to provide business value faster. SAP Master Data Governance is used to centralize and harmonize the master data related to products. We have many SAP instances so it was a must to have software capable of harmonizing it.
SAP Master Data Governance is best suited to manage any master data across any enterprise. The availability to work with product characteristics allows you to define what is needed for each kind of product. Also, it can be used to provide data to third-party systems. In some cases, it is difficult to fit the specific and vertical requirements of certain industries.