Scale vs. VMware (Scale Wins)https://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012017-06-19T16:40:21.747Z
June 19, 2017
Scale vs. VMware (Scale Wins)
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
We use Scale Computing HC3 to host our VOIP product, this replaced a VMWare setup.
- Simple interface: The user interface is graphical and easy to navigate. Creating a new VM is quick.
- Scalable: Easy to add additional nodes to increase capacity, no loss of data and minimal down time.
- Support: Scale technical support is helpful and responsive. We have had a few drives fail and replacement shipping is usually overnight!
- Details performance reports: We would like to see detailed performance reports for a specific VM, server and cluster.
- Better error logs: We have had errors on the GUI that say something like "The system has an error, contact support". This is unsettling as a large portion of our business relays on these servers.
- Better built in graphics support on VMs. We would like to use a few VM's as remote connection workstations, however the virtual graphics cards make this impossible, we can only get 800x400 display and that carries through to remote connection programs.
We have only run our hosted VoIP product on Scale. It runs well, we have had an issue with cron jobs across the VMs that spike system resources that was difficult to diagnose using the reporting tools provided by Scale.
- Scale has allowed us to grow our product without the fear of every growing VMware licensing and server fees.