Systems Worth Investing In!https://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012019-03-20T03:11:20.617Z
March 19, 2019
Systems Worth Investing In!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
Our HC3 System is our network workhorse. Our Domain Controllers, File Servers and Database servers are on this system. One major problem that it solves for our team is backups/restorations. Our staff work 24/7 in some cases and the reliability of HC3 System gives us peace of mind. The second is cost, the VMs we deploy are no longer eating up as much power and use much less rack space, not to mention the cost of hardware upkeep and maintenance has also gone down.
- Spin up of new resources is a breeze, at a fraction of the cost of other VM Host Systems.
- It has allowed us to move older systems into VM and has extended the life of older software suites that require older operating systems, mitigating and extending the life of legacy code.
- Updates run smoothly, even when VMs are running, again HC3 keeps us running.
- I would say, that importing systems from hardware to VM could use a boost in functionality, sometimes a system needs to be moved fast before the hardware it's currently running dies. Although I have just a little experience with this type of conversion, I think it could improve.
- I have noticed a discrepancy between what the HC3 interface shows as the drive usage is and what the OS in the VM reports.
I have to be honest. I have not had to use the support. That to me means Scale Cluster sells a product that works! A rare thing these days with companies pushing systems out to meet their Marketing Department release demands. Looks good on Scale Cluster and makes other companies just look poorly managed.
As mentioned earlier, we use the HC3 for all our major systems (Domain Servers, SQL, Web hosts, Linux Servers and so on). So any one application detail would not be enough.
- With one set of hardware and 3 HC3 servers clustered we manage 10 servers and one legacy PC. So that works out to save us 3/1 on power supplies = 1/3 power utilization, not to mention the cost savings in hardware upkeep.
I have used VMware, Citrix, both are great systems. However, it is important to remember that not all companies can afford the cost of those systems. With HC3 Scale Cluster, even small and mid-sized companies can now take advantage of virtualization with ease.