Why I bought Scale Computing HC3 as my total solutionhttps://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012019-03-15T22:57:24.254Z
March 15, 2019
Why I bought Scale Computing HC3 as my total solution
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
We are using Scale to replace our previous storage hardware AND virtualization software. Our HP storage array had reached its end of life (EOL) and was no longer able to be extended under warranty services. Additionally, the physical nodes we used for our VM's and its management were also reaching EOL. With our Scale solution, we are able to migrate all of our VM's and are now beginning to visualizer more of our physical servers.
- Eliminates the need for a dedicated storage engineer or long planning sessions to lay out drives to get the best performance. E3 does a great job on its own deciding how best to use the drives available to it.
- Reduces the number of management consoles I have to look at daily.
- Simplifies the management of my virtual environment.
- Creates a simplified environment for me to create a sandbox environment for testing in minutes, not hours or days.
- Needs to be a better dashboard for performance.
- Would like to be able to color code my different groups.
Support has been great. I have used the chat support and called in as well. I do recommend that they work to improve their knowledge-base support, as I have found it difficult to locate simple answers and had to wait until the next day to contact support via chat. In fact, I am doing that right now.
Currently, we are running Active Directory DC's, file servers, print servers, terminal servers, SQL server, ERM solution, telephone system server, and many others. In fact, the only server I have not been able to move to Scale is my fax server that requires a phone card to be installed into the server itself. Other than that, I have not had anything that has not worked on Scale.
- ROI is about 3 to 1 on conventional storage/server solutions. Super simple and very realistic to calculate out.
- ROI for support man-hours to manage, patch, monitor, and repair server hardware and software are significantly increased.