Learning Together With Schoology
Updated May 22, 2017
Learning Together With Schoology
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Schoology
Schoology is used by THSD-211 primarily to augment classroom learning activities; assessment, feedback, grading, and communication among others. Schoology is also used to support professional learning, connect students with other learners, and engage parents and advisors in learning processes. Extracurricular teams and clubs use Schoology Groups to communicate and engage participants in relevant activities. Schoology serves as the learning hub for our organization. Students and teachers use Schoology to improve their digital executive functioning, and as a focal point of their personal learning environments.
- Schoology is an easy-to-learn, effective learning management system. It is particularly good at allowing teachers to provide blended, and individualized learning experiences.
- Schoology's open API allows flexibility, and adaptability for both the user and the organization. It is intended to accommodate and integrate, existing tools, not replace them.
- Schoology provides opportunities for learners, young and older, to extend learning beyond the time and space constraints of the traditional classroom.
- Schoology's learning communities are enthusiastic, generous, and collaborative.
- The "look" or appearance of Schoology is improving, but there is still room to improve the look and function of Schoology.
- I would like to see more capabilities for users to customize their Schoology experience. In particular, being able customize the features tied to the user's profile.
- Schoology could provide additional "help" options when hovering over buttons.
- The scale and use of Schoology has grown with our district. Schoology has supported our 1:1 implementation which is a substantial investment by our district.
- Schoology has made many of our classroom and school-based operations more efficient and effective.
- Moving services to the cloud has save expense on technology and support.
The learning curve for Schoology is substantially less dramatic than other products. Schoology's mobile platform is more robust, and better supports the devices most frequently used by our learners. Schoology has greater functionality, and more classroom management features than other LMS products. Schoology's open API offers greater opportunity for the product to evolve with the needs of the user, and the organization.
Schoology is very accommodating to a variety of settings and users. I suspect Schoology is better suited to upper grades and higher education than early primary grades. I can also see Schoology being used by businesses to support training programs, and collaborative projects. Personally, I am interested in learning more about ways in which Schoology can support global learning activities.
20000 - Schoology is the learning management system used by our teachers, their students, and their parents. Administrator counselors, coaches, and club sponsors also use Schoology to keep students and community members connected and engaged with school activities.
7 - The skills needed to support our Schoology use include basic trouble shooting of web applications and iOS applications, data upload and management, and working knowledge of the easy-to-use LMS features.
- Provide a digital hub to keep learners connected and engaged in school activities.
- Provide a digital workflow solution for teachers and their students.
- Provide a communication portal for students and their parents.
- Provide students with ubiquitous access to courses and activities.
- Provide a coherent information center to share announcements and information.
- Deliver school-wide, class-wide, or individual messages.
- Offer a self-paced, online digital citizenship course to our students.
- Host virtual meetings with parents and community members.
- Because Schoology is expanding globally, it will provide an avenue for students and teachers to connect and learn with others around the world.
- Schoology's recent enhancements will allow greater personalization for delivering content and assessing learning.
- Schoology can be used to create and share digital portfolios showing the longitudinal processes and evidence of learning.
While we have taken time to re-evaluate our selected 1:1 devices, Schoology's impact on student learning is unquestioned. Students are able to connect with other learners, create and share products of their learning, and develop their digital fluency through their use of Schoology.
Evaluating Schoology and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
Factors that impacted our selection of Schoology include; ease of use, flexibility and growth, and support.