Overall Satisfaction with Schoology
I have used Schoology in my classroom for several years and my county/district recently purchased the enterprise edition which offers much more for the user. While a few teachers are using it in classrooms during the early adoption, we are using Schoology to provide professional learning for our teachers which has increased teacher interest and use.
- Schoology offers great support resources.
- The interface is easy for teachers and students to use and is visually appealing and intuitive.
- They offer many features above and beyond the basics.
- Integration with Google and Microsoft make it easier for teachers and students to use.
- The gradebook could use some improvement.
- They could use some themes to make the pages more interesting.
- Some of the grading features take some time to learn.
- Schoology requires support and training, but it is easy to use for most teachers.
- Support through the Schoology website allows teachers to find answers 24/7.
- Easy logins integrated with district resources allow for fewer login problems.
Of all of the LMSs I have used, this is by far the easiest for teachers and students to use and navigate. The LMS should not be more work for the teacher above and beyond all of their other responsibilities, and Schoology's ease of use does not make it more difficult for them.
We have county-level support and district-level support, but their HELP page offers everything that is needed to answer questions and to find "how-to" information for staff. This includes video and written directions for every available feature. Schoology has also worked with our district to improve their product.
- Blackboard Learn, Edmodo and Moodle
Schoology is well supported and is easy to use. It might not have all of the features of a larger LMS like Blackboard or Moodle, but that is also what makes it easier to use. It does not have the "scroll of death" that you would experience with Edmodo. Content is organized and easy to find.
For teachers that are interested in more participation in their classes and have some technology knowledge, Schoology is a great choice. Users that are not good with technology will require training and support. This is due to the amount of options available.