SciQuest user for 3 Yrs
Updated January 05, 2016
SciQuest user for 3 Yrs
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SciQuest
Sciquest is being used across the organization as an e-procurement system. The system helps faculty and staff get state contracted prices for goods purchased for research and administrative purposes.
- Sciquest integrates well with vendors and POs get dispatched to vendor quickly which helps in faster delivery of goods.
- cXML interfaces with Vendors for Invoices
- Enforces state contracts
- Less manual intervention
- Sciquest's reporting tool needs some improvement
- Sometimes Vendors with multiple locations causes orders and payments going to wrong locations
- There can be some improvement on item searches.
- Great for enforcing state contract compliance. Reduces the needs for bids and RFPs
- Reduces time between order and delivery
- Easy user interface
SciQuest Select Site is a good B2B system with friendly user interface. The system is easier to use for catalog, hosted and punch out vendors. Integrations with other systems (financials) may become a challenge during upgrades to your in house systems or SciQuest upgrades.
- We punch out to vendor site for state contracted item. Makes it easier for users as most of the information is brought over from the vendor site to Sciquest
- It is easy to create non-catalog items and dispatch the PO to vendors
- We use Sciquest forms a lot for other process that require approvals
- We use it for employee Travel Authorizations.
- We use it for other reimbursements to Vendors,students and employees
- Very easy to activate State contracts into our system because we are under the same umbrella organization
Evaluating SciQuest and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
Ease of use and also the fact that the State of GA uses the same system and we could easily leverage the State contracts without duplicate entry.
Change management was a major issue with the implementation - Since we decided to let all the employees on campus to use the system we had to go through several iterations of training. Even though we are live for more than 3 years now, we still conduct trainings for our new users.
It is easy to get known issues resolved quickly but sometimes if you don't get the right support person it might take a while.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Support understands my problem
Quick Initial Response
Yes - It depends on whether it s a quick fix or not. If it is not then it will be part of a feature enhancement
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using