Overall Satisfaction with ServiceNow
We implement ServiceNow for our clients and that is our core focus as a company. On our most recent engagement, we redesigned the user interface of American Airline's self-service portal using the CMS capability within ServiceNow. For that particular engagement, the product is used across the entire company with about 70,000 users.
- Provides a strong "single plane of glass" portal for employee self-service.
- The tool is very extensible. There are multiple ways to customize and integrate the product. Creating applications on the platform and extending it is relatively straightforward.
- Provides a great single source of record for all service relationship management needs.
- Strong ROI stemming mainly from reductions in call center volume, fewer outages, and faster outage resolution.
- The user experience of the ServiceNow product needs work. The tool can be very intimidating to new users, and that can harm adoption. In most cases, this issue is addressed by customizing the user interface via the CMS and with training, so these efforts should be be planned for upfront.
- Faster Call Handling Time
- Lower Call Escalation Rates
- Reduced Call Volume
- Enhanced Customer Service
- Higher Overall Customer Satisfaction
At the moment, ServiceNow provides the best offering in the space and our customers are very happy with their current portals. We recently conducted an ROI review of the ServiceNow product with a client that was very favorable to the product. We keep our options open, but as of right now, we don't see a reason to change.
ServiceNow is best suited to large organizations with the maturity and resources necessary to manage an ITSM implementation and the capability to champion use of the product across the entire organization. Smaller organizations or organizations with a less mature ITSM environment will have more challenges in realizing the benefit of the tool.