Bug free, easy to use
June 12, 2021
Bug free, easy to use
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Shared Contacts for Gmail
As part of one of our organization's big acquisitions, we inherited a business unit that is a majority Google shop. Amongst the various categories of Google platforms that we started using via this business unit, there was a major gap in the way contacts, contact lists, and distribution lists could be not only shared within this business unit, but also with other business units outside of this newly acquired business. Add to this the security and compliance element. Shared Contacts for Gmail basically filled this gap in an outstanding fashion!
- Helps manage contact lists and distribution lists.
- Eliminates the need for the use of an additional platform, like a CRM, to manage contacts.
- Makes it easier to share contacts with a targeted audience with the flexibility to be selective about who the data is being shared with.
- Sometimes it is challenging to import / export lists with certain legacy flavors of Microsoft Outlook and Exchange
- Same with certain versions of iOS as well. Versions older than Catalina did have issues with expansions of Group Lists
- Easy to use user groups while tagging contacts within Google Drive
- Works very well with all versions and device types for Android and Chrome platforms
- Very easy to use, minimizing the need for end-user training
- Sharing capabilities can be customized depending on the target audience (e.g., open to all vs restricted for others, etc.)
- Ease of contacts syncing across various device types helped minimize the tech support calls into our helpdesk
- Easy to use/self-help tutorials helped minimize the need to train end users
- Helped standardize the platform for the targeted business units
- Azure AI (Cortana) and Apple iWork
Shared Contacts for Gmail has better compatibility with most every OS and device type with very few exceptions. There were some compatibility issues with Azure and Apple iOS based end points/devices. But comparatively, I personally have used all OS and device types. If comparing between Microsoft, Apple, and Google, I found Google-based platforms have the least number of bugs and upgrade issues. Same goes with this platform as well.
Do you think Shared Contacts for Gmail delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Shared Contacts for Gmail's feature set?
Did Shared Contacts for Gmail live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Shared Contacts for Gmail go as expected?
Would you buy Shared Contacts for Gmail again?
- If you are an all-Google shop, where most of your document management is using Google, having this app is imperative
- Conversely, if you have a future roadmap of moving to Microsoft Office 365, then you are better off without it
- Especially great when used with Google Drive
- Not great for business users who predominantly use iOS-based platforms
- Easy to build custom groups and lists that are dedicated for a subset of business users within your organization