Overall Satisfaction with Shopify Plus
We are using Shopify plus for d2c eCommerce, b2b sales and distribution, CMS, POS, and it is part of our inventory and purchasing management strategy. Shopify + our WMS has replaced our former eCommerce system, Magento, and our erp system. We are running leaner and better than ever before thanks to Shopify and the apps ecosystem all without the support of a developer.
- Stable and consistently updated cloud infrastructure
- Suite of apps and partners make improvements a breeze and keep you current with technology.
- Dedicated live chat supports your business 24/7
- Lacks certain basic functionality that would seem to be a no brainier. Some of these items are being addressed.
- Lacks the complete customization options that large businesses may want.
- Outages happen more frequently than would be desirable for the price of service.
- Available apps and technology integrations has boosted conversion rate, average order value, and retention among other metrics
- Website downtime has decreased since changing from alternative self managed hosting
- Improvement in SEO metrics due to mobile usability
Shopify Olus is more of a SAAS than the self-managed Magento solution. With this comes a host of benefits such as hosting, security, updates, and new technology that you no longer have to worry about. Specifically, with Shopify Plus, scripts can be very powerful and when combined with other apps or development solutions can really streamline aspects of your business such as promotions. For a website who runs lots of sales/bogos/other promotions this can be very powerful. The downside to Shopify is that the customization is limited. However, it can be customized enough for most eCommerce stores and if you are tech savvy enough, you may never need to engage a developer again. For enterprise level companies with a development team, Magento may still be the correct solution, but for most SMB's Shopify or Shopify Plus checks all of the boxes without the headaches and allows you to focus on the important parts of your business while staying current (or ahead of the game) with available technology.