January 13, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
Shoutlet is used as a content distribution platform throughout the corporate communications department within my organization. Each of the business units within corporate communications is utilizing the tool. I personally use the platform to schedule social media content as well as to track social metrics and shorten URLs which I post on social. We utilize the platform as a social media management tool.
- Metric Tracking - I am able to pull metrics for all of the accounts I have linked through Shoutlet. It is a quick and easy way to pull all of my social metrics at once.
- Content Scheduling - I am able to schedule content through Shoutlet and track metrics after the content has been published.
- Custom URL Shortener - I prefer to use this tool to a tool like bit.ly for shortening URLs.
- I'd like to see Instagram and Pinterest integrated into the platform.
- One stop shop for pulling social metrics.
- Able to manage all of my social presence in one place.
- Assist with pulling reports / trends of our social media usage.
I have not evaluated other tools. Shoutlet was in place at my organization when I began and I do not see any reason to re-evaluate other tools. Shoutlet meets and exceeds our needs.
I do not make the ultimate decision within my organization but if I did I would renew. It is a comprehensive and easy to use tool. They also provide great webinars and training through ShoutletU.
I think Shoutlet is a great tool for a social media team to utilize. The tool may apply best to larger organizations however, I'm not sure after using Shoutlet how I would function in another organization without the tool. It is a good one stop shop for social media management. If looking to purchase the tool I'd look at how frequently your associates would be using the tool. I use it each day so it is of high value to myself and my colleagues. If you are not going to utilizing the tool to its full potential it may not be a good fit for your organization.