Review: "Sisense - The analytics tool you've been looking for!"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biSisenseUnspecified8.7871012018-09-17T21:05:01.109Z
Overall Satisfaction with Sisense
Our company was in need of a comprehensive analytical tool in which we could develop actionable insights in relatively real-time dashboards. Most departments have some form of reporting tool that does not play well with others and organizational data is as disparate as they come. Sisense was demoed in hopes of alleviating these pain points for a detailed view into all areas of the organization based off data aggregated into a single, flexible platform.
- Great management of large amounts of data from numerous sources.
- Beautiful visualization capabilities.
- Fantastic support of customizations through custom JS plug-ins.
- Implementation requires very little effort allowing users to start working with their data in a short amount of time.
- After initial implementation, learning spikes up rather quickly in regard to SQL joins and custom table manipulation.
- There is plenty of documentation surrounding how to do specific tasks, but not as it pertains to errors and why other things do not work. However, this is constantly improving as the community grows and collaborators contribute content.
- There are quite a few tasks that require significant manual input and design. This is ideal in many situations; however, many users would like a more intuitive engine that can create working widgets automatically based on the type of data fed. Again, this is already a work in progress and will likely need much more data to establish a learning engine.
Out of the box, Sisense has more than a dozen connectors available for external data. In addition, there are even more connector plug-ins available for download on their website from SQL servers to Facebook. These together help build a comprehensive data platform to connect data at all levels of the business.
Access control within Sisense has limited customization options from an administration perspective, but the sharing and collaboration of these tools is well put-together. The tool offers exports in multiple formats, link sharing for collaboration, view modes for live presentations, and snapshots of dashboards and widgets. The tool is not only designed as an analytical tools, but a presentation product as well.
I believe Sisense is perfectly suited for any organization of any size that have access to the proper resources, as the tool is very expensive. The data connectors come in all shapes and sizes out of the box, which allows a great deal of data control within the ElastiCubes. Additionally, while the platform only runs on Windows platforms, the web application can be accessed on any client: mobile, Apple, Windows, etc. This allows a much more flexible user experience, resulting in data and dashboards reaching further than any other tool.
Sisense Feature Ratings
Pixel Perfect reports
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dedicated iOS Application
Dedicated Android Application
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile