Sisense: Best Data Visualization Tool in 2018.https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biSisenseUnspecified8.31001012018-06-06T18:49:45.909Z
Updated September 19, 2018
Sisense: Best Data Visualization Tool in 2018.
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Sisense
As a Business Intelligence professional, I live to learned about new solutions to create opportunities in different sized organizations. We implemented Sisense in order to help visualize data across different organizations. As of now the tool is used to display performance indicators and to help develop and maintain the performance-based budget.
- The biggest pro I found with Sisense is that you do not need a DBA in order to manage the system. This makes the learning curve really easy, which helps lots when thinking of implementation across a whole organization. This reflects well for the tool, since it is powerful, but easy to use.
- ALL-IN-ONE! Sisense answered all of my customers and our company's requirements, to include data modelling and complex calculations.
- Sisense is as accurate as your data, and best of all, it is real time. After using other visualization tools, I learned that when using multiple sources, errors occur. Sisense prevents this risk by allowing all of the resources to be managed at their engine, maintains connections, and as a developer, the EliastiCube allows you to source large volumes of data with an easy click.
- The usability of the application on mobile devices needs some improvement, especially navigation and filtering.
- Dashboards that are created by multiple users can be a bit of a hassle to share by Admins.
- If you need to embed dashboards into your website, you are require to buy a license separate from the user and platform license. This is a norm on most BI visualization tools, but Sisense can seem a bit on the high side, cost-wide.
Before purchasing Sisense and began recommending it as a solution to our clients, we tested four other BI visualization tools. All four of these ranked high on the Gartner Magic Quadrant. We researched Domo, Looker, MS Power BI and Tableau. Looker could be a better solution if you are willing to invest about six times what you would by purchasing Sisense. Domo is very competitive with Sisense but their support rankings are low and too many customers report dissatisfaction, above that is it priced higher than Sisense. Now, as for MS Power BI and Tableau, they are priced similarly but the tools do not have the engine or power that Sisense has.
Data source connectivity is one of Sisense best capabilities. It connects to all of your available sources and creates a virtual Data warehouse, which not only prevents from disconnecting, but it prevents the data errors I mentioned before on this review. Finally, this software stands out for its ability to draw large amounts of data from multiple data sources at high speeds.
Sisense continuously works on collaboration with the use of centralized centralization. This brings together decision makers via flexible user management. Group users together to easily share dashboards and speed up working with large teams. Grant users full admin rights to manage other users, data sources, and security settings to diversify responsibility for a deployment and support business continuity.
Sisense offers multiple flexible pricing plans that can be suitable for all types of industries and company sizes. From a small business as ours, to a large enterprise. The Vendor allows you to try the product and develop a proof of concept before buying the product. So why not? Test drive your solution. This is what allowed us to understand how this BI tool would boost our company's productivity.