Overall Satisfaction with Skype for Business
With Skype for Business, we are able to communicate among ourselves, especially while we are on the phone. This allows us to be able to talk to one another without having to end a conversation or interrupt our customers. Additionally, we are owned by a company from Singapore. We are able to communicate with this without long distance charges, and without the extra cost of a service like GoToMeeting.
- This is great for the quick questions. That way we do not have to interrupt the person if they are busy or on the phone.
- The ability to tell if a person is busy, in a meeting, or away from their desks makes it convenient. No more getting up and walking across the office to see if someone is at their work space.
- Screen share and the ability to have Skype meetings make collaboration much easier.
- Communication is only as good as the network connection. When a company has a network outage, communication across the network becomes disabled.
- You lose that personal contact. It is much easier to just chat over communicator rather than speaking face to face.
- Skype for Business has reduced the necessity to pay for GoToMeeting or another service. Since we have ours bundled with Office 365, this cost is bundled with our email.
- We are able to communicate with our corporate offices through Skype for Business efficiently.
I have used Google Hangouts previously, and I believe that Skype is a better service. It is intertwined with the calendar. Also, when installing it as part of the Office 365 package, it is only a second install. I also like how it saves the messages within Outlook. Skype for Business also uses end to end encryption. This makes all business communication more secure than Google Hangouts.
Skype for Business is great for collaboration, instant communication, and for peer-to-peer calling. It does need to be managed with internal controls. For companies that use it, controls also need to be put into place to ensure that file sharing is appropriate and meets the corporate values. Communications should be business appropriate.
Skype for Business, now part of Microsoft Teams Feature Ratings
Using Skype for Business
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using